What's new

Gov wanting to increase tax on vaping

Write to your MP too! Tell hin/her that because they're all as bad as each other, their support for vaping will be a deciding factor!

Here's what I wrote to my MP with my limited knowledge. Feel free to use it as a template.

I wish I'd added the environmental stuff about plastic too but will add that as a reply :D

You can find your MP here by inserting your postcode
https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

Subject: Vaping regulations

Dear Mr. Tomlinson,

I'd just like to give you some input with regards to vaping.

After smoking for 36 years and on 50 a day, I gave up almost accidentally because of vaping 4 months ago! I know I'll never go back, again because of vaping! The TPD rules are already bad enough making it harder and more expensive to get the strength needed to quit!

More regulations will make vaping more expensive, which let's be honest, is why most people want to quit smoking, so it would be a deterrent.

Unless you come across someone, like I did, who already vapes, then it's hard to know where to start because there's almost no information out there unless you're specifically looking for it, and even then it's very confusing.

It's a healthier and more reliable way to give up smoking and more regulations seem ridiculous to me! Vaping should be publicly advertised as a way of quitting smoking the way patches and gum are.

Vaping also stopped my 25 year old son smoking, so I am very passionate about this issue.

I hope you will fully research and become an advocate for vaping and not only prevent more regulations, but push to roll back some of the TPD regulations already existing. Such as a maximum 2ml liquid tank, which just means having to fill it more often, and a nicotine strength of 18mg limited to 10ml bottles. The latter makes buying the eliquid much more expensive!

At a time when many people don't see much difference between the parties, this has become a decisive issue that can swing a vote with the fast growing number of ex-smokers that quit using vaping.

Yours sincerely,

THIS IS URGENT! THEY ARE DISCUSSING IT IN PARLIAMENT SOON!

Don't you get it? Forcing people back onto the fags is the whole point of the TPD. It's difficult to effectively tax vaping because almost everything can be home made. They accused smokers of costing the NHS too much money, now they realise we were actually funding it and they're angry at us for taking that revenue away so now they want to punish us for choosing a healthier lifestyle.

And forgive me for being blunt, but online petitions are, without exception, a pastime of the deluded and a complete waste of time. It's just a mouse click by people who can't be bothered to get out and actually DO something. Anyone can sign a petition, it means precisely nothing and doesn't oblige anyone to do anything. The only power you have to influence politicians is at the ballot box, which means you're just going to have to wait for an election and campaign against every candidate who wants to get you smoking again and kill you for your tax money.

Don't you get it? Forcing people back onto the fags is the whole point of the TPD. It's difficult to effectively tax vaping because almost everything can be home made. They accused smokers of costing the NHS too much money, now they realise we were actually funding it and they're angry at us for taking that revenue away so now they want to punish us for choosing a healthier lifestyle.
not really

they have spent a lot on getting people to quit here in the UK they are just trying to gain back some of the lost revenue

not really

they have spent a lot on getting people to quit here in the UK they are just trying to gain back some of the lost revenue
It hasn't cost them a penny. They reduced the number of smokers by increasing the tax and it cancelled out - half as many smokers paying twice as much tax = the same amount of money. Then vaping came along... Oops, people thinking for themselves and deciding not to pay for the privilege of suicide... we can't have that.

@icepie what are u going by cigarette sales figures ? years ?
feel free to post them up

statements backed up with evidence can't be brushed aside

Last edited:
The "we want smokers to quit" is a Gov smokescreen. They have to be showing people they care to keep the masses who follow the blueprint happy. The truth is the EU, big t, big p and even our own gov want people to smoke, all due to money. The Gov has bonds in tobacco companies, the Gov use tobacco as a cash cow just like your local smack dealers, they know smoking is addictive and thus it is a mass money maker.
what annoys me is they allow tobacco to be sold which is of no benefit and causes ill health, yet make cannabis oil illegal even though it is proved that it is of benefit to people with certain medical conditions and it is possibly of more benefit than is known. "but it's a mind altering drug" ok but so is alcohol, go figure?
Back to money, the more people the Tobacco industry kills off the lower the cost of paying pensioners each week. So my conclusion is tobacco takes thousands of pounds off a smoker during their life, then ultimately kills the smoker, isn't that a criminal offence? Democide.

Back
Top Bottom