Votes: 4 7.8%
  • As well as expected

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
Back to the drawing board.
5d9e614b646495df1f72d28f8975cc3f.jpg

Thing I have always wondered is this, when the guy was putting the first drawing board together realised it was a fuck up, what did he go back to ?????????????????

And herein is the issue with the uk.
Labour is more conservative than when first formed and so far removed it could be said whats the point of each?

In all honesty we just need a leader and someone bright enough to light the way.
Modern politics is the reason the UK is on its arse.

But that depends on everyone's opinions.

You say that all we need is a new leader bright enough to light the way, whereas I would say we just found one a short time ago. :)

That’s the interesting point. corbyn’s era massively pushed leftward while the tories have been incrementally moving to the right. We aren’t moving in a single direction, rather the boundaries are widening.

We will see what happens with labour now, but starmer has said he’ll be going along with a lot of corbyn’s agenda. we will need to see how that goes. i’m a bit sceptical.

I see where you are coming from by saying the Conservatives are to far right, and that Labour are to far left.
But what is the alternative ? The snag is that the Lid / Dems should be the middle ground, and have previously been, but now they fanny about so much trying to appeal to / sway the conservative voters, the labour voters, the green voters etc, that they are now becoming bogged down, buggering about, and appeal to nobody as the "middle of the ground" party that they try to be. So we are left with a choice at the moment of right wing, or left wing politics.

I see where you are coming from by saying the Conservatives are to far right, and that Labour are to far left.
But what is the alternative ? The snag is that the Lid / Dems should be the middle ground, and have previously been, but now they fanny about so much trying to appeal to / sway the conservative voters, the labour voters, the green voters etc, that they are now becoming bogged down, buggering about, and appeal to nobody as the "middle of the ground" party that they try to be. So we are left with a choice at the moment of right wing, or left wing politics.

You have misunderstood, bez. i didn’t say they were too far left or right.

They refer to this as the overton window.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

Corbyn pushed back the left boundary massively. Let’s see what happens with starmer. It could go either way, i think.

@StrawberryRipple as for your idea of just having a leader, i fear that would be even worse than america. Labour at this point aren’t hugely more conservative than they were at the start of you take account of social and economic changes over that time. And the thatcher era changed everything. Eleven years ago I would have agreed with the point but not just now.
I'd never heard of that, but yes, that

Back
Top Bottom