What's new

Hastur Mini Juicy Issues.

Underwicking! Gotcha maybe more is more on this one then [emoji14]

I best wait til I get home and get the old stash of muji out as I've used all the stuff @Smut sends me [emoji23]
2.5mm with 27awg 1.1ohms for me. No wicking issues but that plastic drip tip was flawed from the start. A drip tip bore smaller than the airflow guarantees a gob full of juice.

I had the same issue with my hastur mini using the supplied tips and a wider one, it was juice I was getting not condensation pooling at the base of the drip tip, I rebuilt 4 or 5 times more wick less wick, different id’s, think I’ve sorted it now with 3mm id 7/8 wraps slightly spaced 28g nichrome 1.2ohms and around 10w middle airhole.
I wick it fairly tight through the coil then trim maybe 20% off the thickness of the tails because the 3mm id gives you a bit too much cotton to fit nicely in the juice channels, using the long drip tip now and it’s spot on.

I had the same issue with my hastur mini using the supplied tips and a wider one, it was juice I was getting not condensation pooling at the base of the drip tip, I rebuilt 4 or 5 times more wick less wick, different id’s, think I’ve sorted it now with 3mm id 7/8 wraps slightly spaced 28g nichrome 1.2ohms and around 10w middle airhole.
I wick it fairly tight through the coil then trim maybe 20% off the thickness of the tails because the 3mm id gives you a bit too much cotton to fit nicely in the juice channels, using the long drip tip now and it’s spot on.
Cheers bud.

That's the exact issue I'm having, keep pulling the drip tip out and there's a pool of liquid.

I'll try again! And again! And again! [emoji23]

I want to like the Hastur.

Try the larger id it sorted it for me, I’m glad you posted this I thought it was just me, others said the larger bore drip tip corrected the issue but I think the narrow chimney alone can cause the problem if there’s too much juice hanging round the coil, no idea why the bigger id sorted it maybe I just got the wicking right this time.

Try the larger id it sorted it for me, I’m glad you posted this I thought it was just me, others said the larger bore drip tip corrected the issue but I think the narrow chimney alone can cause the problem if there’s too much juice hanging round the coil, no idea why the bigger id sorted it maybe I just got the wicking right this time.
Bigger ID more wick inside, more wick to soak up maybe?

I've gone 3mm ID and trimmed the wicks at a 45 degree angle like on the heron. Also used Cotton Bacon Prime.

First 10 hits seem good...

Only time shall tell.

2.5mm with 27awg 1.1ohms for me. No wicking issues but that plastic drip tip was flawed from the start. A drip tip bore smaller than the airflow guarantees a gob full of juice.

Same build here, but 1 wrap less. A different drip tip sorted the juiciness; I think it's the plastic one from the Cthulhu 1928 which I have on it now, actually. No wicking issues.
I always thin out the ends to avoid stuffing the wicking holes too tightly. This tank appears to be one of very few which don't suffer flooding/gurgling or leaking even if the wick in the holes is a bit thinner than usual.

Bigger ID more wick inside, more wick to soak up maybe?

I've gone 3mm ID and trimmed the wicks at a 45 degree angle like on the heron. Also used Cotton Bacon Prime.

First 10 hits seem good...

Only time shall tell.
I think you guy's are spot on and is down to vaping style as well. I did get the gob full of pow wow with the smaller drip tip but not with the steel one.
Mrs kid tried it for an evening and ended up saying she had juice spit back a couple of times. I put that down to her insanely long draw style that so far only a kayfun v5 or big stock coil can keep up with.

I think the narrow steel drip tip is key to the quality of the vape,smoothness and flavour of the Hastur, I’ve tried it with loads of tips and to me the narrow one is far superior, changing the tip to a wider one may alleviate the juice in mouth issues but if you can sort it by other means you reap the benefits of the narrow tip.
Just a thought and my opinion.

Just had a thought . Any good you tube videos on best how to wick the tank ? Ya know , like showing what kinda size to cut the muji etc .

Back
Top Bottom