What's new

Hastur Mini Juicy Issues.

They tried to deliver mine today when I was at work. They need a signature as it’s an over 18 product so I’m hoping they are later tomorrow so I’m back from work. Otherwise it will be Friday.

Just had a thought . Any good you tube videos on best how to wick the tank ? Ya know , like showing what kinda size to cut the muji etc .

You'd trust a youtube reviewer over people here that have used the tank daily for months? ........ :hmm:

You'd trust a youtube reviewer over people here that have used the tank daily for months? ........ :hmm:

Serious question. Do you have some pictures / video of yourself coiling / wicking this? I am about to buy my first mod (Jacvapour Series B DNA75 25mm) and was going to get this tank mainly based upon your review of it. I have been watching some videos on making coils and wicking etc but not confident at all. I'm not even sure what wire to buy (although the comments from @Crewella and others above do help).
So, basically would love a step by step from someone who has been using this for months and knows what to use and how to do it.

Serious question. Do you have some pictures / video of yourself coiling / wicking this? I am about to buy my first mod (Jacvapour Series B DNA75 25mm) and was going to get this tank mainly based upon your review of it. I have been watching some videos on making coils and wicking etc but not confident at all. I'm not even sure what wire to buy (although the comments from @Crewella and others above do help).
So, basically would love a step by step from someone who has been using this for months and knows what to use and how to do it.
I'm perhaps not perfect in wicking this yet, but I use pretty much the same build in all my MTL RTAs. 28AWG kanthal on a 2.5mm ID 7/8 wrap microcoil to around 1.3 ohms. I believe @Simon G does much the same (though he might do a spaced coil). I wick with muji .... and am learning to trim and thin the ends better as I take very looooong drags and was getting the occasional dry hit. Flavour's great though. :)

Right... Help needed please :)

I don't use tanks, I haven't for 4 years.

I don't do MTL, I haven't really for 4 years.

The Hastur Mini is a great tank, although I prefer Firewater No.2 on DTL.

I have one issue, every few hits or so at 17W, I get liquid through the drip tip.

I've tried both tips.

Wicking pic accompanying.View attachment 172399
Don’t let the wicks touch the deck

Cut the wicks to a point so you don’t choke the holes

Don’t use too little cotton

Don’t use to much cotton :D

Put the coil really really low down ... just off the deck

Alway wondered how many people actually use those pads.
I think the narrow steel drip tip is key to the quality of the vape,smoothness and flavour of the Hastur, I’ve tried it with loads of tips and to me the narrow one is far superior, changing the tip to a wider one may alleviate the juice in mouth issues but if you can sort it by other means you reap the benefits of the narrow tip.
Just a thought and my opinion.
An opinion I totally agree with

Bring it to the unit Ash ... we will have a play with it

Did you get it sorted @Huggett ? I’ve had the liquid out the tip once or twice. It also sometimes makes this kind of wet, lapping sound that you can feel in the draw. It’s not gurgling, and I suspect it’s actually liquid in the tip. It happens more with the narrow one. That and occasional slightly dry hits.

After a couple of days with it, I like this tank, but maybe not as much as I thought I would. I think what i like most about it is the narrow tip, which actually works a lot better if you put it on the dvarw and ditch the hastur :D No liquid comes up it, and no flooded drip tip sensation. It looks minty on there as well.

Back
Top Bottom