What's new

Hastur Mini Juicy Issues.

@RevSr
I'd say I've been vaping rtas & rdas for long enough to understand the principle behind getting the best out of them.
Trouble is I've not vaped MTL since the Ijoy cubis pro came out so this tank was completely alien to me.
So was the mouth to lung draw tbh.
I've been playing with it for three days which has involved building it around 25 times so far.
I won't profess to having it mastered but am getting it singing now so if you want an idea on wicking and some pictures to follow when building yours then have a look below.
As all rtas you need to plug the juice inlet with enough cotton to stop it flooding but not too much that when the cotton absorbs the juice that it blocks.
I'd go further tbh and say I believe this would wick better by resting the cotton on the juice holes instead of in them but I'm not used to such a small RTA atm to be comfortable trying it that way.
Anyway I've built it pretty much the same as @Crewella and @Simon G except I've twisted some SS304 into it for slightly more surface area coming in at 1.18ohm 2.5mm I'd 7/8 wraps. (I think VandyVape superfine would be great in this tank).
Using 60vg/40pg juice 12mg 12w.
I'd like to see how @Mitz has his set up as I'm sure he's getting the best out of it by now.
Thumb picture included for scale Lol.........

20180915_175346.jpg
20180915_192919.jpg
20180915_192928.jpg
20180915_192936.jpg
20180915_193050.jpg
20180915_193059.jpg
20180915_193651.jpg
20180915_193644.jpg

Edit..........
Looks like i have 8/9 wraps.

Last edited:
I'd like to see how @Mitz has his set up as I'm sure he's getting the best out of it by now.
I don't have a hastur mini. :(

But I did just order one. :)

Ordered from a UK stockist so I'll let you know once I get it mid-week.

Last edited:
@RevSr
I'd say I've been vaping rtas & rdas for long enough to understand the principle behind getting the best out of them.
Trouble is I've not vaped MTL since the Ijoy cubis pro came out so this tank was completely alien to me.
So was the mouth to lung draw tbh.
I've been playing with it for three days which has involved building it around 25 times so far.
I won't profess to having it mastered but am getting it singing now so if you want an idea on wicking and some pictures to follow when building yours then have a look below.
As all rtas you need to plug the juice inlet with enough cotton to stop it flooding but not too much that when the cotton absorbs the juice that it blocks.
I'd go further tbh and say I believe this would wick better by resting the cotton on the juice holes instead of in them but I'm not used to such a small RTA atm to be comfortable trying it that way.
Anyway I've built it pretty much the same as @Crewella and @Simon G except I've twisted some SS304 into it for slightly more surface area coming in at 1.18ohm 2.5mm I'd 7/8 wraps. (I think VandyVape superfine would be great in this tank).
Using 60vg/40pg juice 12mg 12w.
Thumb picture included for scale Lol.........

View attachment 173004 View attachment 173005 View attachment 173006 View attachment 173008 View attachment 173009 View attachment 173010 View attachment 173011 View attachment 173012

Edit..........
Looks like i have 8/9 wraps.
THANK YOU! That will definitely help. Still trying to find the most cost effective way to order stuff (I have a spreadsheet) When I order I will post everything. It might help someone later on...

I don't have a hastur mini. :(

But I did just order one. :)

Ordered from a UK stockist so I'll let you know once I get it mid-week.
Where did you order it from if you don't mind saying?

Good to see how it's being coiled . I have tried once with some pre made at 5 wraps spaced and coming out at 1.0 ohm . Didn't leave me to impressed . Gonna get a spool of wire and have a go at making more wraps and hipefhope coming out a bit higher ohms wise .

Anybody else getting this bubbling liquid sensation, as if there’s liquid floating about in the chamber? It’s different from gurgling. It’s when this happens that it seems there is a risk of liquid coming up the tip.

Also there seems to be quite a bit of air leak round the afc ring. The different settings don’t make a home he difference for me. Try setting it between the holes so it should be
fully closed and you might see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom