What's new

Help! Goliath build tips

Clownstyle

Achiever
Hi all,

Recently nabbed a UD Goliath after watching / reading several positive reviews. I'm struggling to find my "ideal build" with this tank. I've got muji cotton, 26g and 28g wire at my disposal and I'm running it on a Smok XPro 65 with an Efest 18650 2500mAh (35A) battery.

What I've trid so far - 7 wraps of 26g (2.5mm) brings build to 0.4ohms, tried the coil position high and low, lower seems to wick better as the juice doesn't have to travel as far.

7 wraps of 28g (2.5mm) - around 0.8ohms seems to give better flavour if anything, but tends to be harder to work with as my posts like to chew through the wire as I tighten the screws.

I've not tried twisted wire in this yet so open to opinions on what to try. They have all been contact coils so far but if I learnt anything from my Kanger Subtank is that spaced coils seem to juice up better. Not sure how the limiting space in the Goliath will help me here as the 7 wraps of 26g @ 0.4ohm is possibly the lowest I would like to go..

Does anyone have any tips for building on this deck?

I use 26g wire on my Goliath build but micro coil rather than spaced and 8 wraps (I think, can't remember) with 2.5 diameter. It comes out at 0.8 (again I think, haven't got it with me at mo).
You can use more cotton in these than the goblin (if you're familiar with goblin) and can have some some cotton going down into the channels. I've had no problems wicking or dry hits, in fact it's the thirstiest atty I own.
So the only difference for mine is micro coil and an extra wrap I guess. Hope this helps.

You also have to do a fair amount of trimming the wicks. There's a good YouTube vid on it but can't remember name.

@cohibacohiba

Thanks for the tips. I've tried 8 wraps of 26g (which did fit!) but that comes out to 0.3ohms. Any tips for height of coils? I seem to notice if I put them too high up the posts the hit gets quite harsh?

I've been putting the coils pretty close to the air-holes, but not so close as to restrict airflow. Nice, smooth & flavoursome.

I've found 28g twisted to be too thick to wrap round a 2.5mm screwdriver on the goliath.

Na I didn't bother as I find wicking better with the 2.5. At the moment I've got 8 wraps of .5 round 2.5mm. Can't decide whether that or 5 wraps of .32 is my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom