What's new

How Can We Stop Dual Fuelling?

I might have my ecig and a rollie have a duel ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Get you dad a cig rolling machine then he has to do it himself!

Get yourself some very nice tobacco based juice and you will enjoy that ;)

when I began vaping, I stayed with one cig (rollie) a day for a couple of weeks, then made a conscious decision/told myself to stop being an arse as I really did need to give up tobacco for health reasons, and stopped. For some of us then, I can only suppose it's willpower (and to me the thought of coughing, wheezing, bad breath and the stink and mess of cigarettes everywhere!).

On the odd occasion, maybe once every few days (usually when under stress!) I feel the need to smoke a cigarette, but take a vape and all is well with the world again :)

When I drifted into vaping I had no intention of quitting smoking, merely wanted to cut back. That was august last year. Initially I went from 30 rollies a day down to 10 rollies + vaping. Now I stick to vaping (well I do have the odd fag still, once a month thing) but predominately vaping.

First 3 weeks of vaping was great not a single cig, after that my Mother and I gradually started smoking again, were now using roll ups as there less chemically than cigs.

The problem is my Dad still fills the house with smoke -,-. I can go all day without one when im at college even though my fellow vapers are turning back to cigs.

How did many other dual fuellers quit fully? I don't even like smoking anymore -,-

It makes my stomach churn

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Totally quitting tobacco cigarettes isn't for everyone, I'd say don't be too harsh on yourselves. View every tobacco cigarette avoided as a little victory for yourselves and if you feel you have to have a few tobacco cigs, go ahead and have them.

If you're going to switch totally to vaping and stick with it, chances are it'll happen organically and having a negative mindset might do more harm than good.. be positive, pat yourself on the back for avoiding a lot of tobacco, enjoy your vaping and let things happen as when you're ready.

Good luck. :)

think theres a fear factor involved too. having cig or baccy around is a crutch in case your ecig fails. i went to London for a days photography shooting about a month after i quit smoking. had two egos with me, 2 bottles of juice and thought ok im safe i have backup incase. within 10 mins of getting into LOndon ecig number one decided to die on me. Ok. good old backup ecgig number 2. dropped atty on it... nothing.. damn thing wouldnt fire.. Panic set in.. how can i go through the whole day.
i was at battersea power station at the time and knew of a garage just up the road. popped in there and coughed up a fiver for a cigalike.. bloody awful but it got me through the rest of the day and kept me from buying a pack of stinkies.
now i always always ensure im not caught short .. however its still a battery powered device and can fail without warning and its that fear factor that can keep people holding onto a pack of fags or some baccy.
Now i only have my MVP really need to get myself a backup ASAP ( gave away the EGO T i had last week ) ! cos if the MVP died being current housebound id be totally fooked!

I always carry backup. MVP with a BDC Attie on. Also 3 egos and a handful of atties. The theory being I can chop and change flavours on the go and have plenty of battery power. I carried a half empty pouch of GV with papers and lighter for most of that time, too. Just in case. Last week some guy came up to me as I was vaping in the street and asked if I could spare a fag. His face when I gave him an ounce of baccy, full pack of rizla and a clipper was a picture. I just felt the time was right and I didn't need to carry it any more.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Last edited:
were now using roll ups as there less chemically than cigs.

that's not actually true. It's an often repeated phrase, but rollies are just as bad for you as normal smokes. I switched to roll ups for this reason and was really surprised to find out after I'd quit that that was wrong.

I can't help so much with how to quit dual fueling as I wanted to quit smoking and found the switch to vaping pretty easy once I got a decent setup (i.e. not a cig-alike) and never looked back. I wouldn't worry too much though. If you're down to one or two smokes a day then that's a hell of a lot better than 10 or 20 smokes a day.

You can smoke 20 a day from 18 till 30 and then quit completely and 5 years later your risk of dying from smoking related disease is practically the same as a non smoker. So cutting down a lot will do a lot of good for your health.

I don't even like smoking anymore -,-

If you don't like doing something, then stop doing it. Keep a tank filled with higher strength juice perhaps for the times when you feel the urge maybe.

I often get comments from customers about how much more faff it is to vape than smoke. If you were smoking premades, I'd agree. If you're on rolling tobacco though then rolling your own is just as much faff really as dealing with charging batteries filling tanks, coiling heads etc. Once you get the hang of it it's as automatic as rolling fags and I don't really think about it now.

I have a mod with an 18650 battery in it (usually a Vamo) or I have an MVP that I take out and about with me. I keep an eGo battery as a backup and I have a last gasp cig-a-like battery, still sealed in it's packet stashed in the glove box fr emergency use. I keep a spare head and a 10ml bottle of juice with my eGo in a little case and I'm set for the day.

As I've just said in my introductory post, I'm dual-fuelling (great phrase) still. I think (hope) that I can soon settle on a suitable set-up that doesn't have me reliant on rollies for those 'important' smokes.

What Steffi said - don't think of the fags you have as failures, think of the success you are having with every vape. The worst pressure people feel is when they judge themselves.

Eventually you might find a juice you love or become absorbed by the whole process of coiling and suddenly realise it's been a while since you smoked.

Kick back and enjoy the journey, any time you need advice there'll be someone here happy to share :)

Back
Top Bottom