What's new

How do other people react when they see you Vape - Are you embarrassed?

Great story AndyC1971, can't say I've had any negative reaction more curiosity and spending 10 to 15 minutes explaining what I am doing, this has always been in a relaxed nature.

The guys I work with are pretty cool, I am now known as the crack head at work as some think it looks like I am smoking crack. I am off out tomorrow night for a meal to celebrate my birthday so that will be the real test, not only for peoples reactions but the fact I will be drinking and will need to avoid the stinkies.

it gets a couple of glances at times, my evic isnt exactly the most discreet device in the world, but im a total nerd so i love having something a bit mad with crazy displays on and such and most people are just a bit curious if anything. i have only been had a go at once about vaping indoors and that too was at a local costa coffee where one of the staff told me that "im sorry you cant use them in here they set the fire alarms off" i couldnt help but think to myself "damn she needs to get them coffee machine out of there quick if water vapor can set off the alarms" of course i just finished my brew and left. i dont mind being asked to not use it. thats totally fine, but i do know how both ecigs and fire alarms work the assumption that i dont is what offended me a bit

I am vaping everywhere, I don't give a shit what other people think, they stare sometimes but I
have a massive inward and outward smile, whilst watching them suck all that crap into their lungs.
Whilst I puff away on lovely flavours, I have been asked for a light, and given an ashtray!!!
I sat in a large supermarket coffee bar last week, Carrefour, and vaped away whilst havin my coffee,
I could see all their curious faces wondering if I was smoking, even the security guard had a few looks,
I love it. It amuses me :dance::dancing:

I get a lot of weird looks at uni when i vape. i only do so outside just to try and be considerate to other people indoors that dont want vapour lingering about the same way i'm sure they wouldn't want someone smoking next to them.

im pretty sure 99% of the looks i get are due to me using a nemesis with something like a magma. i think they can tell its some form of ecig but it doesn't look like the usual ego battery. i recall one of my lecturers seeing me outside vaping and his exact words were "what the fuck is that, an E-cigar?!" im guessing thats due to the thickness of mech mods haha.

The shopping center in inverness seems vape friendly as does everywhere else around here but as there are no vendors except petrol station egos and socialite con men (who tell me my mod is a deathtrap and their ce4 will give a much better vape than my orchid or my lasses aerotank) we get some funny looks,
The media is doing the same to vapers as its done to benefit claimants, demonise them all !!

it gets a couple of glances at times, my evic isnt exactly the most discreet device in the world, but im a total nerd so i love having something a bit mad with crazy displays on and such and most people are just a bit curious if anything. i have only been had a go at once about vaping indoors and that too was at a local costa coffee where one of the staff told me that "im sorry you cant use them in here they set the fire alarms off" i couldnt help but think to myself "damn she needs to get them coffee machine out of there quick if water vapor can set off the alarms" of course i just finished my brew and left. i dont mind being asked to not use it. thats totally fine, but i do know how both ecigs and fire alarms work the assumption that i dont is what offended me a bit

I replaced my fire alarm recently and out of curiosity I put it on the table and blew a few clouds at it and on the second cloud it set the alarm off
also at the school I work at that's had a 30 million pound new building with high end smoke alarms a kettle with a faulty cut off switch boiled for about 5 minutes and the steam set the fire alarm off 1100 students evacuated to the muster point ! Dust clouds can set them off as well So I'm afraid vape clouds and steam(if thick enough) can activate some fire alarms.
But unless there's about 10 of you sub ohming on drippers I doubt it would set an alarm off high up in an air conditioned coffee shop

Optical smoke alarms are your friends (if you wish to avoid being burnt alive) but can cause issues with vaping. Depends on the density/proximity of your vape.

Personally I don't vape where I wouldn't have previously smoked, at this stage it's all about convincing my brain that vaping is the same as puffing on the stinkies, and psychologically it's still working.

I happpily vape away on my walk to work outdoors tho, puffing copious vapour out of my drughole. Plenty of people on my route seem to do the same too, last week there was a young bloke with MPV, then me with my iStick, then an older woman vaping some sort of Ego stick with a large tank on it, all in a row.

I'm liking the prevelence and the diversity of users.

I have had a couple of incidents where people have coughed loudly after a hearty exhale on my behalf close to them, but these folk are most likely twots, and thus subject to the following considerations:

1) Do they cough like that at other times when subjected to the presence of water vapour, eg: near their kettle? I suspect not.

2) F*ck em.

Sometimes it feels like people are looking at me as if I'm some sort of smack-head, puffing on some sort of new crack / heroine delivery gadget. Mind you, living in the centre of Salford doesn't really halp much. :D

I was having a coffee in Morrisons cafe the other day, when I slyly crouched down, out of sight, to take a couple of quick drags on my Vamo, seconds later some kind of alarm went off which I automatically thought was due to my sly vaping... it wasn't though. It did make me jump, the wife is still having trouble getting rid of the coffee stains all over my new fucking t-shirt!

Back
Top Bottom