What's new

How many hours per week do you spend on wicking, coiling, etc?

How many hours per WEEK do you spend wicking, coiling, etc?

• Total voters
Mainly just rewicking. A matter of minutes per week. I never really counted.

lol, seriously what are you doing?

20 mins fucking about fluffing your cotton to perfection?
My 15 to 20 minutes is Sat watching TV while I build a RDA and rewick 2 or 3 tanks I reckon without the TV 7 to 10 [emoji6]

I build, wick and vape in a matter of minutes, couldn't be done with faffing around when I want a vape!

Probably 1 hour a week, perhaps a bit more if I'm rewicking multiple tanks, which is a rare thing, because I use drippers mostly. In 2015 it was like 24 hours, that would have been because of the Goblin v1. Atomisers are a lot easier these days, but then again the diy juice making - both the shit and that which I get right is quite time consuming.

lol, seriously what are you doing?

20 mins fucking about fluffing your cotton to perfection?

Tell me about it!

Off the top of my head:

30 secs getting all my shit together
1 min unscrew tank and pull out gunked up wick
90 secs clean coil and dry burn clean
2 mins clean out tank, get juice out of drip tip socket, juice holes, round deck, off glass, off chamber inner
2 mins cut of cotton, feed it through, comb some out if it's too tight, trim to size
90 secs fluff, trim again if needed and poke through juice holes
1 min select juice, prime wick, get it nice and wet
90 secs screw it all back together again, open tank and fill
30 secs putting all my shit away again

That's if it all goes well, which it does 80% of the time. Sometimes I pack it too tight and have to thin it out, sometimes it's not tight enough and it's easier just to start from scratch than trying to jam some more in.

Three billets, I usually get three days out of each build.
They all get cleaned and dried of any seepage, they're all running Vapeshells, so it's a dry burn and new cotton. I clean the Vapeshells if there's any gunk inside.
They get recoiled every 1-2 months. Two of them are on Prime Vapes juice, the other is on my own, they all get equal use and are as manky as each other when I strip them down.
So yeah, about three hours of faff a week is fair.

A new RTA takes me about ninety million hours to get the wicking right. After that, sixty seconds every two or three days. Figuring out what diameter coil(s) I need so the cotton is the right thickness for the ports - total faff. It's one of the reasons I'm squonking more these days.:)

Back
Top Bottom