What's new

how many watts can a 1.6 coil handle? does it work like that?

nayngnottz94

Achiever
just put my aspire nautilus on my smok guardian 3, id like to vape at 20 - 30 watts. but can my coil handle it? looked on smokepurer but it don't seem to say, I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right thing isit the coil that handles the wattages? or the mod its self? also I think I got the Samsung 25 q batterys last time? not sure how many amps they are ffs, I really should take notice

nautilus maxes out around 20w I think, but I used to vape mine at 10w. The guardian determines what wattage you can go up to, the tank/coil determines what wattage you can actually go up to. 30w on a naut mini will taste burnt, but just go up in increments. also why the desire to go up to 20-30w?

nautilus maxes out around 20w I think, but I used to vape mine at 10w. The guardian determines what wattage you can go up to, the tank/coil determines what wattage you can actually go up to. 30w on a naut mini will taste burnt, but just go up in increments. also why the desire to go up to 20-30w?
not the mini, the larger one, and I dunno mate, just stuck it on my guardian 3 and it was already on 27 watts, felt alright

just put my aspire nautilus on my smok guardian 3, id like to vape at 20 - 30 watts. but can my coil handle it? looked on smokepurer but it don't seem to say, I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right thing isit the coil that handles the wattages? or the mod its self? also I think I got the Samsung 25 q batterys last time? not sure how many amps they are ffs, I really should take notice

It also depends on the thickness of the wire. If you were using 20 gauge, you'd need 35 wraps of 3.5mm id to achieve 1.6 ohms and it would take 100 watts+ just to make it glow.

It also depends on the thickness of the wire. If you were using 20 gauge, you'd need 35 wraps of 3.5mm id to achieve 1.6 ohms and it would take 100 watts+ just to make it glow.

Its a pre made coil

not the mini, the larger one, and I dunno mate, just stuck it on my guardian 3 and it was already on 27 watts, felt alright
Ninja is right you are killing the coil. Nautilus coils like to sit between.9w and 14w max. I always run mine at 10w but I'm on 1.8. If I use 1.6 I run at 11w. And get around ten days from a coil.
The nautilus and nautilus mini are both the same coil. If you feel you need to put more watts through pick up some mini triton 1.2 coils. These will sit around 18w.
But I get a nice warm mtl vale at ten watts. The last time I accidentally put 20 plus watts through a coil I ruined its flavour in two puffs.

Ninja is right you are killing the coil. Nautilus coils like to sit between.9w and 14w max. I always run mine at 10w but I'm on 1.8. If I use 1.6 I run at 11w. And get around ten days from a coil.
The nautilus and nautilus mini are both the same coil. If you feel you need to put more watts through pick up some mini triton 1.2 coils. These will sit around 18w.
But I get a nice warm mtl vale at ten watts. The last time I accidentally put 20 plus watts through a coil I ruined its flavour in two puffs.

Right ok cheers

Quite happy with that guardian 3, seems abit better than the guardian 2, buttons a bit dodgy on the guardian 2 only had it a couple weeks ffs

Back
Top Bottom