What's new

I'm an idiot, please help me. DNA escribe advice needed.

Did it actually fail - or was it windows being grumpy because you actually wanted to do something with the computer?...

Tomorrow's another day. Come back to it when you're feeling a bit less :3dmad:

Exactly this.
Then watch this.

Or if you're really not having any success after having another pop I'll pay you in full for the mod, send it to me and I'll put on it whatever you want, I send it back to you for a refund. Voila.

[emoji4]

Computer says no! Today was the start, and possibly the end of my temp control journey.

To say I'm angry, frustrated and disappointed doesn't even come close to describing how I feel.

I may try again in the future if my computer compatible brother can help me out. Going back in the box for now, maybe I'll just stick it in the classies before it gets the chance to waste more of my evenings...

[emoji17]
You'll be miffed to know mine is now working happily with a Clone Heron V2 on top - just because it was nearby with a Titanium coil in it. I'd reccomend ditching the profile settings in the mod in favour of something more to your style of vaping - something thats not SS, or Ni200 which seems to be all DJLsb seems to have put on...

All I wanted to do was add a type of wire (NiFe30). Spent about an hr or so, no closer to having it then when I started.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1473976307.791855.jpg

It doesn't help that the escribe tutorials I had watched seem to be for dna200's, and it's more different then I would have imagined possible...

Tutorials told me to load the SCV or whatever they are from the evolve folder, which they say the files will automatically have gone into. Well, I don't have an evolv folder despite having saved stuff. I can't load it from where it is.

I spent about twenty minutes plugging the device in, wondering why it wasn't opening up escribe for me or even showing anywhere on the computer screen that there was something plugged in. In this day and age, surely when something is plugged into a computer it should automatically take you to settings (iPhone styley).

Oh well, got to hit the hay now. Maybe I'll wake up inspired and somehow computer literate. [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Send me your email address. I'll send you a nife30 profile along with explicit instructions on how to upload it.

Sweet dreams [emoji39]

Send me your email address. I'll send you a nife30 profile along with explicit instructions on how to upload it.

Sweet dreams [emoji39]

You're too kind! [emoji106]

I've considered an evolv tc mod since they came out. The one thing that put me off was having to connect it to a computer, and doing all the settings via a computer.

At £42 odd quid it's a good price for a 75w mod with an evolv chip, regardless of temp control.

I'll sleep on it, then decide whether I have the energy for laptop round two, whether I keep it as a non tc mod, or try and get my money back via the classies. So frustrating... [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

@SirLugg - a real gent, the offer is much appreciated. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

You're too kind! [emoji106]

I've considered an evolv tc mod since they came out. The one thing that put me off was having to connect it to a computer, and doing all the settings via a computer.

At £42 odd quid it's a good price for a 75w mod with an evolv chip, regardless of temp control.

I'll sleep on it, then decide whether I have the energy for laptop round two, whether I keep it as a non tc mod, or try and get my money back via the classies. So frustrating... [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

@SirLugg - a real gent, the offer is much appreciated. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I can empathise with that buddy. I wanted a DNA200 for ages, then when I got one it came loaded with no profiles and the wattage restricted to 100 watts [emoji15]. Didn't have a clue what to do.

I joined the evolv forums and quite literally got talked through a step by step setup on there. That was the basics done and I had the correct kanthal, 316, nife, nickel, titanium and 304 profiles. I've tweaked them since to my liking but essentially they're the same as I initially put on there.

I love the DNA boards. The best in the business in my humble opinion. But escribe is daunting as hell at first, at least I thought so. However like anything else once you've done it once or twice it starts to make sense. The way you can customise the DNA's is phenomenal but if you're not a tinkerer, you only need to do it once. Then you're set.

I didn't catch which DNA75 you had? Is it the SMY? If it's got the DJLSB profiles on there there's not a lot you need to do on there,(other than nife), because it's there already. And his profiles work well.

Don't give up on it. It's the best regulated vape you'll have. Guaranteed.

(Just make sure your batteries are decent)

What Sir Lugg said! We're here for you baby :D

Happy to talk you through it on the phone. If we can sort you out with a Skype account you can even share your screen and I can tell you which buttons / links to click etc. The error message on the laptop is just a warning, we can fix that. That screen shows the DNA device is connected properly. Click OK on the error message to get rid of it and then you need to download the NiFe30 profile.

Have fixed the forum so we can now attach CSV files to posts as attachments. Download the file at the bottom of this post, save it to your desktop or wherever you want to and then on the screen you are showing above click the + button I think it is and then locate the file. That is then a known material, click it, click the green right facing arrow to add it to the device and then click upload settings.

You can now add a profile for it as well but we can go over that tomorrow, or if someone has one as a CSV already then upload away! For my DNA 75 I have a profile at 430F, per-heat at 40W ramp up of 6 or whatever it is, power then at 30W. Or something like that. Tried TC vaping a few times before this but honestly, this and the Rose3 have taken vaping to a completely new level for me.

If we need any other file formats opening for upload just let me know.

DNA chips FTW!

Attachments

• DNA200-NiFe30_(StealthVape)-SteamEngine.csv
    118 bytes · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom