What's new

I'm an idiot, please help me. DNA escribe advice needed.

Picked up my first DNA 75 (VapeDroid) the other week, so following this bated breath!

All I wanted to do was add a type of wire (NiFe30). Spent about an hr or so, no closer to having it then when I started.View attachment 104217

It doesn't help that the escribe tutorials I had watched seem to be for dna200's, and it's more different then I would have imagined possible...

Tutorials told me to load the SCV or whatever they are from the evolve folder, which they say the files will automatically have gone into. Well, I don't have an evolv folder despite having saved stuff. I can't load it from where it is.

I spent about twenty minutes plugging the device in, wondering why it wasn't opening up escribe for me or even showing anywhere on the computer screen that there was something plugged in. In this day and age, surely when something is plugged into a computer it should automatically take you to settings (iPhone styley).

Oh well, got to hit the hay now. Maybe I'll wake up inspired and somehow computer literate. [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
OK, just seen this - you just need to click OK On that warning when it appears, I created an "Escribe Profiles" folder in my downloads folder and then put an "Escribe CSVs" folder inside that. Once you've done that - go to Steam engine or copy the file from @junglist's post and save it to the CSV's folder.
Then in escribe go to the materials tab, select import material (The little folder with green arrow button), then you'll get a standard "File Open" window from which you can navigate to the Downloads/Escribe Profiles/Escribe CSVs folder, pick the wire and click open...

[emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Stuff kinda happened. Thanks to the help of the quite remarkably helpful folk here the device seems to have NiFe on it. I am hoping to get coiling in a short while, wish me luck! [emoji16][emoji847]

Nice one. Stretch the coil/s slightly on the former, then push back together. You should then have a nicely spaced coil. Good luck.

Right nearly there! Any advice on getting the mod in the right profile, locking resistance, and if need be selecting the right material. Soooo close...

Right nearly there! Any advice on getting the mod in the right profile, locking resistance, and if need be selecting the right material. Soooo close...

Check the email I sent you last night bud. There's a step by step for you [emoji4]

Ok bud, I got it. Final step, do I wet the coil and wick before or after locking the resistance, or does it make no difference? [emoji12][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom