What's new

I'm an idiot, please help me. DNA escribe advice needed.

Haha! No, not on a Mac. I use an iPhone and an iPad normally. The Mrs hated her laptop so much that she recently bought a MacBook. I'm using her old (not that old though) laptop.

I'm just a simple man, who may have made a big mistake by thinking it looked relatively straight forward to set up a Dna device. [emoji51]

Ok, I think I'm downloading escribe (could very easily be wrong though.) 4mins and counting...

Here's a link to the pdf of the user manual, it's iOS friendly, so you can save it to the home screen of your iPad. Means you can read how to do things while escribe is open on your laptop. :)

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/escribe/EScribeManual.pdf

Ok bud, I got it. Final step, do I wet the coil and wick before or after locking the resistance, or does it make no difference? [emoji12][emoji106]

Before bud. Always lock the resistance on the coil at room temperature before you do anything with it [emoji106]

Before bud. Always lock the resistance on the coil at room temperature before you do anything with it [emoji106]

Too late! I figured the juice was room temperature as was the coil, so I juiced it up, filled the tank, then locked the resistance before using it.

I am now vaping a NiFe30 coil, from 0.4mm wire, resistance at 0.25ohms. Temp limited to 425degrees. I've lowered the watts from 40 down to 30. A bit more playing required, but I'm getting there.

Just want to apologise for this thread, I hate computers, especially when they don't just 'work'.

Many thanks to everyone for all the help, especially @SirLugg and @Tubbyengineer for not just the help here, but the emails and pm's too. It really is appreciated.

Now what else should I stick some t/c wire in?......

[emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Too late! I figured the juice was room temperature as was the coil, so I juiced it up, filled the tank, then locked the resistance before using it.

I am now vaping a NiFe30 coil, from 0.4mm wire, resistance at 0.25ohms. Temp limited to 425degrees. I've lowered the watts from 40 down to 30. A bit more playing required, but I'm getting there.

Just want to apologise for this thread, I hate computers, especially when they don't just 'work'.

Many thanks to everyone for all the help, especially @SirLugg and @Tubbyengineer for not just the help here, but the emails and pm's too. It really is appreciated.

Wahey!
Stoked for you buddy. Enjoy [emoji106][emoji41]

If you're running the TC wire in a Heron then nothing else will be needed, but it does work well in the Rose3, Origen V3 dripper, and Kayfun 5 (most of the time)...
How did you find the NiFe30 to work with?, and dont forget, if everything seems a bit cool and you have to turn the temp up a lot then check your wick - theres probably too much...:2thumbsup:

@tobywonkanobi
To change materials without using Escribe - ensure you have all the materials loaded on your device (The basic SMY profile I linked you too has Nife30, Titanium, SS316, Tungsten (For the altus or other "Permanent" ceramic coils) Ni200 and Kanthal) Lock the device and press and hold all three buttons, then use up and down to select type and fire to confirm.
To change subordinate Temp / Watts - Lock device, press and hold +/- together, set with +/- then fire to confirm
Lock dominant temp / Watts - press and hold +/- when device is unlocked - repeat to unlock again.

Dominant refers to the setting that show in large numbers at the right hand side

Last edited:
All started great, for a couple of hrs. Then I had to turn it down to max temp of 250f and power of 20w, and even then it was naff. (Burning the wick, vape was too hot.)

Pulled out the build have a SS316L build in now, it works great, when in power mode. Doesn't work at all in temp control mode. Had it set at max of 450, and at 20w, it would hit max temp within a second or two, then use 2-5w to maintain it. No vapour involved.

Tomorrow's another day. I'll prob have another go. I thought it might be the atty giving a dodgy connection, so might try something else tomorrow. It's working fine in power mode though.

[emoji53][emoji53][emoji53]

Toby can you screen shot or take a photo of the escribe screen for your TC and put it up?

All started great, for a couple of hrs. Then I had to turn it down to max temp of 250f and power of 20w, and even then it was naff. (Burning the wick, vape was too hot.)

Pulled out the build have a SS316L build in now, it works great, when in power mode. Doesn't work at all in temp control mode. Had it set at max of 450, and at 20w, it would hit max temp within a second or two, then use 2-5w to maintain it. No vapour involved.

Tomorrow's another day. I'll prob have another go. I thought it might be the atty giving a dodgy connection, so might try something else tomorrow. It's working fine in power mode though.

[emoji53][emoji53][emoji53]
That's usually down to resistance changes - Initial resistance read was much higher than the actual resistance don't lock the resistance, let the mod and atty cool for a few minutes then fire it again - usually sorts itself out, if not it could be you've developed a hot wrap or two...

Toby can you screen shot or take a photo of the escribe screen for your TC and put it up?

All packed away tonight. Will take a pic tomorrow morning and put it here. [emoji106]

@Tubbyengineer. Maybe something with the resistance. Although it only changed from 0.26 to 0.31 when it was pulled out. I realise that could affect things, but surely no as much as I've experienced.

Spent maybe 3-4hrs with escribe today. I realise I'm in a real minority with having problems with it, but I can only assume they've made it so user unfriendly is to mean idiots like me don't get to enjoy their products. [emoji13][emoji36][emoji17]

Oh well, back to the drawing board....

(But again, thanks v. much for all the help and moral support). [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom