What's new

Ipv D3

funky_skunk_81

Postman
I'm very new to Tc so was just wondering if it was normal for the Ipv D3 to make a slight buzzing sound when in TI tc mode.

Any help appreciated

Probably normal - the D2 rattles like this too. As far as I know, it's because the chip regulates temp by pulsing at the set power rather than firing continuously and reducing power.

Yep, the rattlesnaking is normal.
I saw you write this the other day too and wondered if you have had this regularly. Have you? I only had it once when using a subtank mini stock NI200 coil and once when I built a single TI coil in the STM. Apart from that I have never had any rattle-snaking whatsoever. Not even subtly.

I saw you write this the other day too and wondered if you have had this regularly. Have you? I only had it once when using a subtank mini stock NI200 coil and once when I built a single TI coil in the STM. Apart from that I have never had any rattle-snaking whatsoever. Not even subtly.
I get the rattlesnaking pretty much consistently when I use TC on the D2s. Using them for wattage mode only now ... I find the Tesla Nano is much better, very smooth delivery in TC and non-TC actually.

I get the rattlesnaking pretty much consistently when I use TC on the D2s. Using them for wattage mode only now ... I find the Tesla Nano is much better, very smooth delivery in TC and non-TC actually.
How odd. I couldn't stand it at all so threw the stm coils in the bin. Haven't had it since or the D2s would have followed them.

How odd. I couldn't stand it at all so threw the stm coils in the bin. Haven't had it since or the D2s would have followed them.
It's not a fault though, why bin 'em? The buzzing is from the circuitry cutting in and out very rapidly. It's a tad irritating, maybe even disconcerting, which is why I prefer the smoothness of the Tesla.

Last edited:
It's not a fault though, why bin 'em? The buzzing is from the circuitry cutting in and out very rapidly. It's a tad irritating, maybe even disconcerting, which is why I prefer the smoothness of the Tesla.
Why bin the coils? I can't be doing with rattle-snaking at all and they were also a really shit vape. If the D2s had pulsed with my own builds they'd have been outa here immediately.

Back
Top Bottom