What's new

It drowned - Smok Morph S

I gave this away to my brother and after two months he said it wasn't working, I had warned him about not using thin liquid (50/50) but he used it anyway, I also told him to keep checking the pod base for leaks.

So I got it back and did a post mortem.
(What a total bitch to strip it down!)

For sure it had drowned, there was a good couple of ml that seeped out and took some cleaning up, cleaned with alcohol and tested it, dead as a dodo, the battery was surprisingly okay despite it being saturated and power was getting to the board, I can't diagnose it but I'm guessing a resistor/fuse blew but the cause had to be death by drowning.

User error to some degree but I don't quite know how the eliquid worked its way inside as the design was sealed?
At a guess it could have flooded the pod base enough to overflow into the magnetic compartment which didn't have the holes sealed.

There should be a safety commercial, how many kits needlessly die due to drowning?
(I've had quite a few and I'm careful)
RIP:
Aspire Cobble (x3)
Aspire Breeze 2
Lost Vape Prana
Artery Pal 3
Vaporesso Osmall
Vaporesso XTRA
Sense Orbit Baby
(a few more I've forgotten)

And quite a few I'm always having to keep an eye on and wipe out the base.

I think designers must be aware and could at least fit disposable tenor lady pads into the base of some?

Smok-Drowned-1.jpg
Smok-Drowned-2.jpg

Unfortunately eliquid gets much thinner when heated and tends to seep past coil o-rings, 510 seals and those sprung pin contacts and gets inside the mod eventually. Because pod systems actually trap consensation and any juice that leaks that pool in the top of the mod they are probably going to get juice inside sooner rather than later.

One answer would be to totally enclose the board (with vents on the bottom of the mod) and have a separate compartment for the 510 with sealant used on the wires coming from the board to the 510 and a drain hole that allows any fluids to run past the battery compartment and out of the bottom of the mod via a tube.

Unfortunately it would make the mod taller so nobody would buy it - and the manufacturer's may think it is better not to use a drain system because they would be acknowledging that their products can leak...

I've had about 4 mods die mysteriously but when I opened them out of curiosity every one has been soggy inside. So I'm pretty sure it was juice that killed them.

Back
Top Bottom