What's new

Just had a mail from Fasttech regarding my recent order, transcript as follows:

catchylufc

Initiate
Dear Mark,

As you may have noticed that there was no tracking information available for your package during the past one week. After confirming with Singapore Post, we've confirmed that they have rejected almost all of the packages shipped from 30th Sep that containing batteries without notifying us. This was caused due to current strict inspection of the aviation security. Your package has just been returned to us.

We would like to confirm with you if you like us to take out the batteries and resend the remaining items in your order? If you do prefer to a full refund for your order, please let us know and we will arrange it for you right away.

I wonder if my I-taste v3's have been returned as well......tracking hasn't changed in 10 days.

had similar after sending them enquiry
they just stated
We have contacted the Post ,and your order may return to us ,we will keep you updated when we receive the package and then we can arrange refund for you
So as yet its not back with FT and not in the system anywhere so who knows how long it will take. Thing is mine didnt contain batteries.. just a chi you clone. only reason i went to FT was budget constraints , just couldnt afford or justify the price of an original and pretty hard to find a bottom fireing mech in UK that doesnt break my meagre £30-40 budget. So im sat here with an RSST, 18650 batteries, charger and all the rest of it.. but no tube! think we will see this alot for quite some time with FT but problem is there are limited options.. anything from US subject to some heavy tax/import/ shipping costs and alt sites like chinabye are going to fall into same issues as FT.

Anyone use other sites for cheap stuff, all this stock is ordered for friends grrrrrr

Anyone use other sites for cheap stuff, all this stock is ordered for friends grrrrrr

If it ships via Sing the same thing will happen.

They have a sticky saying they will send batteries via HK but the likelihood is they will reject them too.

gonna have to agree with KMS on this one....as some of you know I post some deals up on my site, and hopefully people benefit from this occasionally, but
I absolutely refuse to post any deals from china regarding batteries or chargers.
Two reasons for this, and I'm sticking to them
1) when a china import is £4, and the "confirmed genuine from good supplier uk version" is £8, dont be a tight a55. Things blow up, minimise your risk
2) it probably wont get here...the post people dont like shipping batteries.

If the uk supplier got his batteries from the same place, goody goody gum drops, at least when you buy it from the uk supplier you get some reassurance that somebody has at least tested/confirmed the product and is willing to stick their company name behind the product as a show of faith in the item, plus SOGA.

Metal tubes that retail for £200 and are made of unobtanium and you have to jump through hoops and join lists to get a chance at getting them, should you be so honoured, are fair game. Especially when they are no longer in production. Its easy to decide if it will do the job or not by simply looking at it, or watching a review or two. There is just no way to verify this info for a battery.

That said, I have bought 4 batteries from china so far...one I disposed of recently as I just had a bad vibe. All the rest are from torchy. That guy has a good thing going for him, he wont risk his good name on rubbish. Yes, it is sometimes twice the price. But if a box of matches is 20p or 40p, I doubt it matters to many people. And if a battery is £4 (wait 3 weeks, maybe get it, maybe it wont blow up, keep bible handy) or £8 (maybe it'll also blow up, but more than likely not) then I dont see any hassles in just paying.

edit: just to add, those that have been to my site will probably notice I very very very seldom mention juice direct from china. Unless it is confirmed, 100% from the manufacturer, no tampering, exact same packaging and labels AND there is a verifiable uk person who has bought an ok'd it.

Last edited:
have to agree and the cost of batteries are pretty minimal anyway when you compare prices from Hongkong to UK prices its a couple of pounds. Mechs are a different kettle of fish in that respect when the price difference can be tens if not even hundred+ pounds ( clone compared to an original) but at least the risk is far more minimal compared to an electronic device such as battery or charger.
as for juices. well i guess its the same wherever you go, hongkong, US or even UK.. you get what you pay for in terms of flavour and quality. ive had some bloody awful jucies that i got cheap in UK and some pretty decent flavoured ones from china.
might sound a little hypocritical i know buying knock off mechs and original batteries / chargers but its a safety issue more than anything else. when you buy a knock off you can see what your getting in terms of build quality finish etc. with batteries or chargers. who the hell knows whats gone into the manufacture of them.. same with juices.

Back
Top Bottom