What's new

Kanthal A1 26ga + 32ga Clapton Single Coil build

Hi ,
I have also placed my order for the coils you recomended so i am curios how much watts is the best to have on my mod for these coils ? Is it important to set the temperature too?

Thanks
Hi @Roman zorko. Welcome to the forum. :)

Which coils did you order?

@Mitz
Is it just me or was that a weird first message?
Nah, not really. Re-reading this thread it seems that a while back I recommended some coils to Shamu and it looks like Roman has now ordered some too. I'm just not sure which ones he's ordered as I recommended a couple of different coils; Geekvape fused clapton and also Howing fused clapton + parallel. Once I know which ones he's ordered I'll be better able to answer his question about wattage.

Last edited:
Hi @Roman zorko. Welcome to the forum. :)

Which coils did you order?
Hello and thank you

I ordered the coils that you said its your favorite . You did a post in July answering a guy and also you posted a link . My english is not perfect so bear with me please and i am new in the vape world.

Thanks

Authentic GeekVape 2-in-1 N80 Fused Clapton Pre-coiled Wire (8-Pack)
http://go.planetofthevapes.co.uk/?id=58558X1360765&isjs=1&jv=13.25.1-stackpath&sref=https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/ecig-discussion/general-chat/threads/kanthal-a1-26ga-32ga-clapton-single-coil-build.163459/&url=https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10015376/7705200&xguid=b990e516c77bba967b16b73b2dfc5343&xs=1&xtz=-60&xuuid=ce96d9d5ff1c1b27fa883f40af0f5df6

Last edited:
Hello and thank you

I ordered the coils that you said its your favorite . You did a post in July answering a guy and also you posted a link . My english is not perfect so bear with me please and i am new in the vape world.

Thanks

Authentic GeekVape 2-in-1 N80 Fused Clapton Pre-coiled Wire (8-Pack)
http://go.planetofthevapes.co.uk/?id=58558X1360765&isjs=1&jv=13.25.1-stackpath&sref=https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/ecig-discussion/general-chat/threads/kanthal-a1-26ga-32ga-clapton-single-coil-build.163459/&url=https://www.fasttech.com/products/3033/10015376/7705200&xguid=b990e516c77bba967b16b73b2dfc5343&xs=1&xtz=-60&xuuid=ce96d9d5ff1c1b27fa883f40af0f5df6

And i am using Minikin2 mod and Zeus one coil tank.

@Roman zorko

Hi Roman.

OK, so the link you posted takes me to the Howing fused clapton + parallel. Those are the coils that I said were my favourite for use in single coil setups.

On top of that link in your post it says "Authentic Geekvape 2 in 1 fused clapton 8 pack". Those are different coils and are the second coil type I recommended to Shamu in my original post. So the description above the link and the link itself is confusing two different coils. But I said the Howing were my favourite and the link takes me to Howing so I am going to assume that you've bought the Howing and not the Geekvape.

As it happens these are still my favourite premade coils for single coil setups and the Zeus single coil rta is one of my favourite rtas. I am currently vaping on the Zeus single coil rta on the Uwell Nunchaku mod and I am using the same Howing coil that I previously recommended and that you just bought. An excellent combination.

These coils are only to be used in wattage/power mode and are not suitable for temperature control.

Mine is reading 0.19 ohm resistance and I'm running it at 45w. But you can set it at pretty much any wattage that you enjoy. At 55w I find it gets a bit too warm in the Zeus but I occasionally go up to 50w. But there is no right or wrong. I would advise starting at around 30w and then go up 5w at a time until you find your own sweet spot.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. :)

Cheers,
Mitz.

DSC_0270.JPG

Last edited:
@Roman zorko

Hi Roman.

OK, so the link you posted takes me to the Howing fused clapton + parallel. Those are the coils that I said were my favourite for use in single coil setups.

On top of that link in your post it says "Authentic Geekvape 2 in 1 fused clapton 8 pack". Those are different coils and are the second coil type I recommended to Shamu in my original post. So the description above the link and the link itself is confusing two different coils. But I said the Howing were my favourite and the link takes me to Howing so I am going to assume that you've bought the Howing and not the Geekvape.

As it happens these are still my favourite premade coils for single coil setups and the Zeus single coil rta is one of my favourite rtas. I am currently vaping on the Zeus single coil rta on the Uwell Nunchaku mod and I am using the same Howing coil that I previously recommended and that you just bought. An excellent combination.

These coils are only to be used in wattage/power mode and are not suitable for temperature control.

Mine is reading 0.19 ohm resistance and I'm running it at 45w. But you can set it at pretty much any wattage that you enjoy. At 55w I find it gets a bit too warm in the Zeus but I occasionally go up to 50w. But there is no right or wrong. I would advise starting at around 30w and then go up 5w at a time until you find your own sweet spot.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. :)

Hi Mitz

I ordered both because i was not sure wich one will be best for my rta. How long Howing coil last ? I know it depends on how often you vape and one more question is there any rule how to heat up new coil for the firs time?
I realy appreciate for the info it is more than helpful for me . Thanks again

Best regards

Roman

Last edited:
@Roman zorko

No problem. The Geekvape coils are also excellent coils but a little small for the Zeus single coil. They are better suited to dual coil setups or smaller single coil decks.

When you install the coil for the first time you should very gently dry burn the coil before you wick it with your cotton. You do that by setting the wattage low (say around 20 or 25w) and you just pulse the power. You do this to make sure the coil glows nice and evenly and heats up from the middle and outwards. If there are any hot spots (very bright glowing spots) then you can stroke the coil with ceramic tweezers or a small screwdriver. If you stroke the coil with something metal like a screwdriver only stroke it when you are not pressing the fire button on the mod. You want the coil to glow nice and evenly without hot spots and glowing from the middle outwards. Once you've done that you are ready to wick the coil with your cotton and then prime it with juice.

How long it lasts depends a lot on your juice. Mine last around a month and I rewick with fresh cotton once a week. I vape fruit flavour exclusively which doesn't have a lot of sweetener. It's the sweetener that kills coils quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom