What's new

Looking for concentrate recommendations

memzey

Postman
Hi Apes,

I'm looking for some specific concentrates and wondered if I might be able to draw upon the collective experiences of the forum before I hit the buy button. Flavours I'm looking for are:

1. Bubblegum - Mrs. memzey likes a bubblegum flavour vape and I need to make it good as my stash of brownie points is depressingly dismal. I've tried the CAP and Big Juice UK flavours but they are a bit meh. Help.

2. Mango - I'm looking for a nice sweet yet sharp mango flavour to be the main body of something that might have pineapple or something else with it or have on its own. Any tips?

3. Custard - I use vanilla custard v1 by CAP - I think it's pretty good but wonder if there is something else to complement it or possibly replace it with a stronger flavour. What do we consider to be the best custard conc?

4. Strawberry - I may mix this with No1 for the Mrs. Again - is there a go to flavour for Strawberry that I should try first?

5. Mint - I know a couple of folks who would like a mint based fruit liquid. Neither of them want something so overpowering it clears their nose when they have a cold. Any suggestions?

Hope that's not too much to ask in one go. Would greatly appreciate any insights that are shared.

Cali custard by south coast vapes is pretty nice.

I've always found bubblegum to be more of a grapey flavour than a strawberry one.
Grape?
Taste really is subjective.

Found this on the interwebs........

Bubblegum flavor is a strawberry-banana-punch type of flavor," Boutin says. "It was created to appeal to the children's market, as well as some adults. It gives long-lasting flavor and chemically does well in the chewing gums formulation."

Today there are so many different flavors of bubblegum on the market, one exact "recipe" simply doesn't exist. But one thing we do know is the first bubble gum was accidentally created by Walter Diemer for the Fleer Corporation in Philadelphia in 1928. He's credited with the indescribable bubblegum flavor that we know today, and for making the gum pink because "it was the only food coloring on hand."

All of this is to say that you simply can't describe what bubblegum flavor is because it doesn't represent anything natural, like grape or blueberry. Some think it tastes like a mix of strawberry and banana flavors. Others say it's more a combination of strawberry and cinnamon (huh?).

"I'm not sure it is specific to any one flavor, but rather a blending of several: banana, strawberry, cherry, a little orange and or lemon," Boutin explains. "The exact ratios are specific to each company. Some want it to be more banana, others more strawberry-ish."

Perhaps the only consensus is the flavor is overwhelmingly fruity. We'll buy that.

Maybe I should hunt down a strawberry bubblegum for comparison? [emoji848][emoji848]

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I’ll be adding the custard premium and mango flv to my next order.

It’s interesting to note how bubblegum flavour is formulated but I am really after a conc that has done that legwork for me and can be added straight to my base mix. It seems as though no one has experience of such a mix so I’ll just to try something else blind and see where I end up.

Still looking for suggestions on mint and strawberry though. If anyone has any I’d be grateful to receive them.

I like a mix of Cap Sweet Strawberry and INW Shisha Strawberry for sweetie mixes, at around a 2-1 ratio sweet to shisha. That'd probably go well with a bubblegum. For a more realistic one I'm liking Cap Ripe Strawberry at the moment. You could mix it with another, like TFA Strawberry.

From wikipedia

Bubblegum flavor

While there is a well-known "bubblegum flavor" - which artificial flavorings called esters are mixed to obtain - it varies from one company to another.[1] Esters used in synthetic bubblegum flavoring may include methyl salicylate, ethyl butyrate, benzyl acetate, amyl acetate and/or cinnamic aldehyde.[2] A natural bubblegum flavoring can be produced by combining banana, pineapple, cinnamon, cloves, and wintergreen.[3] Vanilla, cherry, lemon, and orange oil have also been suggested as ingredients.[4]

Back
Top Bottom