What's new

Looking to buy a rebuildable mod help please

xXCooLGuYXx

Postman
Looking to buy a rebuildable mod could someone help me out please .

Where do I start and what so I need to know.

You will probably get a lot of responses. I will just tell you my experience.
1. Tanks. Not all are made equal.
2. Velocity style decks made s huge difference when I was learning.
3. Steam crave RDTA v2, Supreme or Griffin 25 are very nice tanks. I prefer the supreme.
4. For mouth to lung. Very hard to beat the kayfun v5. They really made a great thank.
5. Bear in mind the coils you will be using I started on normal kanthal wire but been using fused Clapton for rta for a year now.
6. Don't underestimate how good some coil tanks are. I find the smok tfv8 with T8 at 0.16 is better than all my rta and my velocity v2. It's very convenient. Flavour is good. Clouds are good. Easy to fill. Only the kayfun v5 gives me better flavour.
7. Whatever tank you like. Watch YouTube video reviews and check out forums about them.
8. Take your time learning the basics. It took me 2 hours wrapping my first coil. Super nervous. Few months later. Wrapped and wicking coils in minutes while half asleep.
9. Watch people doing builds on rta and see what stuff they use and why.
10. There is no most awesome tank that does everything. Buy for yourself and at that moment in time.

Ive used mod in error several times on here.
Then again, i have also made my own mech mod [emoji5]

Good advice from bhoot. Especially the bit about watching youtube reviews. I decided not to buy a tornado based on what i learned on youtube - nothing against it but it just wouldn't suit me

You will probably get a lot of responses. I will just tell you my experience.
1. Tanks. Not all are made equal.
2. Velocity style decks made s huge difference when I was learning.
3. Steam crave RDTA v2, Supreme or Griffin 25 are very nice tanks. I prefer the supreme.
4. For mouth to lung. Very hard to beat the kayfun v5. They really made a great thank.
5. Bear in mind the coils you will be using I started on normal kanthal wire but been using fused Clapton for rta for a year now.
6. Don't underestimate how good some coil tanks are. I find the smok tfv8 with T8 at 0.16 is better than all my rta and my velocity v2. It's very convenient. Flavour is good. Clouds are good. Easy to fill. Only the kayfun v5 gives me better flavour.
7. Whatever tank you like. Watch YouTube video reviews and check out forums about them.
8. Take your time learning the basics. It took me 2 hours wrapping my first coil. Super nervous. Few months later. Wrapped and wicking coils in minutes while half asleep.
9. Watch people doing builds on rta and see what stuff they use and why.
10. There is no most awesome tank that does everything. Buy for yourself and at that moment in time.
Thank you have any pic of your builds or can you message me on here ?

Thank you have any pic of your builds or can you message me on here ?

Don't have any pics on my phone right now. Just upgraded and jailbroke iPhone. Will sync and find some. Nothing that special really.

Just keep things simple. Also don't go for the cheapest or most expensive items. A lot of people buy tanks like the supreme, griffin and the like simply because the cost to performance is really good. You get your money's worth.

Like you, I used the word mod mean tank or RTA or whatever they want to call the thing I simply call the tank (if it holds liquid = tank).
Not sure what battery box / device you have. Just remember that you need to ensure the box is powerful enough to use your tank. Most r cent mods are rated 40w/50w or higher. At the moment I using a Wismex DNA200 which is a 200w device. On RTA I vape at around 22w to 27w. That's on dual claptons at 0.25ohms on 3mm using cotton bacon for wicking.

This might seem like a lot of information but if you spend spend an hour watching videos on YouTube you will start ignoring most of what I have written and it will simply make sense.

We all learnt vaping from somewhere and somehow. Just ask away. We have really nice people around who will answer.

Now. The most ominous warning. Your biggest war on vaping will be against the great 'shinyitis'. Very few vapers can resist the dark side of the force. 8x unused never opened tanks is my current legacy. I also cannot explain why I have 9 different types of cotton but only ever use 2. I thought I was bad...wait until you hear some of the stories here.

Dark side what you mean ? Lol and nice I hack phone too but mostly Android and I have the rx200 like yours but not . An do you know what a good rebuildable box mod is ? Why never open thanks ? An on my rta I vape 180-160 I have a tfv8 tank . An I'd love to see them pictures and hear more story's .
Don't have any pics on my phone right now. Just upgraded and jailbroke iPhone. Will sync and find some. Nothing that special really.

Just keep things simple. Also don't go for the cheapest or most expensive items. A lot of people buy tanks like the supreme, griffin and the like simply because the cost to performance is really good. You get your money's worth.

Like you, I used the word mod mean tank or RTA or whatever they want to call the thing I simply call the tank (if it holds liquid = tank).
Not sure what battery box / device you have. Just remember that you need to ensure the box is powerful enough to use your tank. Most r cent mods are rated 40w/50w or higher. At the moment I using a Wismex DNA200 which is a 200w device. On RTA I vape at around 22w to 27w. That's on dual claptons at 0.25ohms on 3mm using cotton bacon for wicking.

This might seem like a lot of information but if you spend spend an hour watching videos on YouTube you will start ignoring most of what I have written and it will simply make sense.

We all learnt vaping from somewhere and somehow. Just ask away. We have really nice people around who will answer.

Now. The most ominous warning. Your biggest war on vaping will be against the great 'shinyitis'. Very few vapers can resist the dark side of the force. 8x unused never opened tanks is my current legacy. I also cannot explain why I have 9 different types of cotton but only ever use 2. I thought I was bad...wait until you hear some of the stories here.

Dark side what you mean ? Lol and nice I hack phone too but mostly Android and I have the rx200 like yours but not . An do you know what a good rebuildable box mod is ? Why never open thanks ? An on my rta I vape 180-160 I have a tfv8 tank . An I'd love to see them pictures and hear more story's .

Slight correction. Most people just refer to the battery box as a mod or box mod. As for what is a good box mod. There are so many and different sizes. It's easier to decide when you buy it based on what you want. I wanted good battery life up to 50w but found 100w mods dying out too quickly for my liking so went for the triple battery mods like the rx200. Battery life is my main decision maker, with the battery output comes the bonus of higher wattage support. Never bothered about the colour or weight (heavy handed) as I find the rx200 and the like very light weight until you put them in a pocket. Best quality of a mod I have seen is the YiHi range but I find them excessively expensive for what you get. DNA200 mods tick all the boxes but they average £120. I have a primary mod DNA200. Weekend rx200 and reserve for when thing go side ways (new limitless 24, griffin 25, clieto, RDTA v2 and supreme 7ml for tanks...like to have options when I reset my hardware collection and for mod I have a Laisimo L1 (love the screen) with a 'few' batteries). I had more tanks but my baby bro is new to vaping and has already taken my backup kayfun v5, clieto and Crown 2 tanks...still trying to learn how to say no to the baby bro but fail consistently well but he knows never to mess with my Ruthless Ez duz it on ice 120ml bottles).

Back
Top Bottom