What's new

Looking to cut juice consumption

silk186

Achiever
I started out on a SMOK Stick V8 Baby Kit w/Smok TFV8 Baby Beast Sub Ohm Tank (2ml). I'm pretty pleased with a few things about the SMOK. It's easy to use, produces a pleasant amount of vape, good battery and good juice consumption. the 2ml tank can last me an evening. When I take it out for a walk I don't even need to bring a bottle of 10ml juice. The main issue is that flavour is pretty muted, the other is the cost and QC of SMOK coils.

Since buying to kits and winning a few contests I've gotten into RTA builds. I started on the Radar RDA which didn't go very well as I didn't have youtube, tools or experience building. I went to the Aero mesh and felt it was a big upgrade. After I got back I use the OBS Engin Nano and Troll. Both of these are extremely enjoyable to vape on, big clouds and big flavour but they drink like a camel. I have a box of 10ml shots but I think I could finish a whole bottle in an hour. The OBS Engine Nano is 5.3ml and the Wotofo Troll is 5ml but it seems that I need to fill them twice as often as the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast.

Do all rebuildable drink juice like this? Would I need to go MTL to cut down on juice? I have a Vaporesso Drizzle (1.8ml) the barely sips juice but it isn't very satisfying.
Why should I do?

I've recently collected 3 mods:
  • GeekVape GBOX Squonker Kit with Radar RDA
  • Geekvape Aegis Legend Kit with Aero mesh version Sub ohm Tank (60-80W)
  • Eleaf iStick TC 100w
Buildable tanks
  • Geek Vape Radar RDA
  • The Wotofo Troll RTA
  • OBS Engine RTA
  • OBS Engine Nano RTA
  • Wotofo Serpent BF RDA
Stock coil tanks
  • Smok TFV8 Baby Beast
  • GeekVape Aero Mesh

Single coil RDA/RTA's, higher ohm coils will all reduce juice consumption or as you suggested MTL. Or make your own juice, not difficult to do.

Single coil RDA/RTA's, higher ohm coils will all reduce juice consumption or as you suggested MTL. Or make your own juice, not difficult to do.
So for DTL, a single coil RTA that performs well at a lower wattage like the OBS Engine Nano is the lowest consumption I will get.
If I put a higher ohm coil in the engine and restrict the airflow will I be able to get an idea of how an MTL tank would perform?

yes you need mtl or one coil dtl, smok do a 0.6 coil that will also cut down consumption

So for DTL, a single coil RTA that performs well at a lower wattage like the OBS Engine Nano is the lowest consumption I will get.
If I put a higher ohm coil in the engine and restrict the airflow will I be able to get an idea of how an MTL tank would perform?
Will depend on how restricted the airflow will be. You can close down the airflow & lower the watts & find your sweetspot with whatever coil although larger fancy coils are unlikely to perform well as they need power.
I've had a tank & RDA running today & used around 10ml. RTA is TC 70w/250c & RDA 0.34ohm on a squonker.

You could try MTL during the day and then indulge in the evening with your current tanks.

Single coil, high nic, above0.5ohm coil. Im usually at 20ish watts.
Ive been DTL like that for years, about 5ml a day.

I would say probably not. You need a tank that has the characteristics of an mtl tank, which are different. Tight airflow under the coil, small chamber, narrow chimney and drip tip etc. And higher nic liquid. Just turning a cloud tank down won’t give you the same experience.

I'm MTL so no help really, but it IS a sliding scale with no firm line in between, so in your place I'd try playing with what you have with single coils and less power and airflow, as suggested, and see how that grabs you?

how much juice are you going through a month?
if the reason you want to cut down is because of cost you could try diy. or i am subscribed to something called vapemail every month they send you 200ml of juice for 30 pounds.
vapemail was my way of saving money on ejucie.

Back
Top Bottom