What's new

Mech squonk batteries

@conanthewarrior ok cheers VTC5A it is!

Yeah I get builds can be very subjective and to be fair I'm a flavour guy not a cloud king lol

Not to say I don't love big clouds but they have to taste good !

Yeah I think that's the learning curve in terms of battery life so I'll keep checking them see how they run during normal vaping.

In terms of the dreaded battery vent I have never seen it but is this a fast reaction or will I get warning signs and have to to get it out the mod? Or is it a case of chuck the think and run !

@conanthewarrior ok cheers VTC5A it is!

Yeah I get builds can be very subjective and to be fair I'm a flavour guy not a cloud king lol

Not to say I don't love big clouds but they have to taste good !

Yeah I think that's the learning curve in terms of battery life so I'll keep checking them see how they run during normal vaping.

In terms of the dreaded battery vent I have never seen it but is this a fast reaction or will I get warning signs and have to to get it out the mod? Or is it a case of chuck the think and run !

Ok, I am also not exactly a high wattage vaper, msot of my regulated vaping is up too around 40W, unless I fancy going a bit mad lol.
You asked what benefits mechs have to regulated mods, well nowadays for most vapers, the answer is not a lot. A regulated mod will suit most vapers much more than a mechanical mod, offers safety features, and a more consistent vape.

That sounds sensible, just keep checking until you have the 'feel' for when it is time to pull your batteries. I pull at around 3.6-3.7V myself using a mech.

For a battery to vent, it does have to be abused, or there has to be something wrong with your build. Ad long as you are keeping safe, this won't happen. If something did happen though, as we are all human and mistakes do happen, you will notice your battery getting VERY hot before it vents. I am talking hot enough to not be able to hold your mod.

This is what should happen though, if you notice anything getting hot when it shouldn't be, get away from the mod. If you have a window open, throw it out. Your hands are worth more than a mod ever is.

@jock1092 ahhh I see thanks for the clarification yeah that makes sense I do check check and double check when I've build coils so I'll just be sure to be super careful when installing!

With all this to think about does anyone have some positive aspects to mechs compared to regulated[emoji23]??

I want one for the size and style not to mention regulated squonkers seem in short supply!

I really hope m-vapes DNA75 squonker comes out soon !

Again thanks for everyone's help an input :)
As far as mech benefits go its pretty much just that most squonk mods just now are mech style and life of the device.
A mech/unregulated mod is most just a 510, battery sled and a switch, maybe a mosfet for the switch.
It leaves very little to break device wise and can usually be repaired unlike a regulated mod that might just be dead

@jock1092 very true I do
Like the simplicity of them and seems like a no brainer to go that way if you like to use a dripper.

Just need to get my grubby hands on one now !

Oh and a nice dripper as the one I use can't squonk [emoji53] this is gonna kill my OCD [emoji23]

@jock1092 very true I do
Like the simplicity of them and seems like a no brainer to go that way if you like to use a dripper.

Just need to get my grubby hands on one now !

Oh and a nice dripper as the one I use can't squonk [emoji53] this is gonna kill my OCD [emoji23]

Be careful, it is a slippery slope. I started with a Sigelei 30W Mini a few years ago, and now have over 40 mods lol. Shinytis can be bad, but I look at it this way- some people collect stamps that cost more than a mod.

At least what we collect we have a use for lol.

@conanthewarrior [emoji23]

I know exactly what you mean I have quite a few bits and pieces and there is always something I like the look of!

Think I'll be making a trip to the classifieds to get rid of some and get it down to what I use!

I just hate parting with stuff lol I'm a hoarder [emoji16]

@conanthewarrior I just went on fogstar and they have some Sony VTC6 at 3000MAH are they the ones I should be looking at ?
Hi mate, the best to go for would be the VTC5A for your intended use, the VTC6 is good but go for the 5A. Make sure it is the VTC5A and not the standard VTC5, it should be 2500MAH.

The VTC6 is a 3000MAH battery, and good for up to 19A according to Mooch, so is great for regulated mods, but for a mech you want a hard hitting battery, and the VTC5A is hard hitting, and also a 25A battery.

@conanthewarrior ok cool found them I'll go with them then. I just noticed those other ones and wondered if they were new or something.

Cheers for the help mate [emoji106]

@smut your coils keep coming up mate ! I just had some made a few days ago but do you have a site or anything where I can check yours out ?

Nope dont have a site or anything, just do them by pm on here.

Back
Top Bottom