What's new

Mixing by weight?

Excellent! Thanks for all that information. I have ordered a small digital lab scale and will try this out.

As has been said, so long as it works, it's good. I was particualrly concerend about the nic, as I didn't want to get that wrong and make it too strong. Been on 6mg and sometimes 3mg for ages, I tried a friends 12mg juice recently and it made me feel sick!

Cheers!

One more thing, where in your profile do you put that Vaping for x years x months x days thing? I found the generator and created one but can't seem to make it work. Tried staus, signature etc. BB code and HTML. Help please!

Thanks.

Weight of PG: 1.038 grams per ml
Weight of VG: 1.26 grams per ml
Weight of 72mg in PG: 1.036 grams per ml
Weight of 72mg in VG: 1.242 grams per ml
Weight of flavourings 1 grams per ml

that's what I use.

I'm a lazy ass and prefer to save time. I'm not a juice seller and I don't have Trading Standards to worry about. The emphasis is on being able to replicate not to be scientifically accurate to a thousandth of a gram. It's impossible to be accurate to a hundredth when adding drops from bottles and most of us use cheap scales which have a margin for error. Let's be honest, if you made up two juices, the first of which had 1.0gm of flavouring the second had 1.04gms, could you actually taste the difference?
So KISS works for me.
1ml VG = 1.3gm
1ml of anything else (PG or PG based) = 1gm

Last edited:
I'm a lazy ass and prefer to save time. I'm not a juice seller and I don't have Trading Standards to worry about. The emphasis is on being able to replicate not to be scientifically accurate to a thousandth of a gram. It's impossible to be accurate to a hundredth when adding drops from bottles and most of us use cheap scales which have a margin for error. Let's be honest, if you made up two juices, the first of which had 1.0gm of flavouring the second had 1.04gms, could you actually taste the difference?
So KISS works for me.
1ml VG = 1.3gm
1ml of anything else (PG or PG based) = 1gm

Agree absolutely, I'm making stuff for myself (or as a favour for someone) so I don't worry about being exact - the scales I use are really good and stupidly expensive imo https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tanita-0-0...&qid=1477149435&sr=1-4&keywords=tanita+scales but sadly my numb clumsy fingers are never gonna match the precision of the scales...so sometimes a l'il more, sometimes a l'il less - it never hurts and I can never tell any different when I vape it :) My PG/VG ratios are always very much 'give or take' and even tho I aim for 3mg nic my juices are always below that coz I mix my VG/nic ahead of time and don't account for it in ejuice me up.
It's not lab accuracy that makes your homebrews good anyway, it's what ya do with the flavours. A shite mix is gonna taste shite no matter how you measure it :rotflmao:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How much !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thats a lorra money for scales and i couldn't justify paying that price.Any cheaper ones out there with a decent platform area for putting bottles on ?

They have a Tare function. So you put your empty bottle on and it reads the weight, press 'T' and it then zeroes again and simply add liquid until you get the weight required. Then press 'T' and add the next liquid etc.

Back
Top Bottom