What's new

Mixing by weight?

I bought these and have used them for my first weight mixing seesion. They are awesome! Compact, neat and were a hell of lot cheaper. Recommended.

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018GQS4YI

Well, how stupid of me! I now Do Not recommend these scales!! They're OK and they are accurate, usable and pretty neat. However, they only measure up to 100g which as I have just discovered, making a 150ml mix, it's not enough and they go into overload, Doh!

The T (Tare) function is a touch sensitive button on the scale as well so it's sometimes tricky to press it, especially with gloves on. (Is it safe to mix without gloves? I'm still learning). Having said all that, they have worked perfectly for my afternoon mixing session of the small amounts, it's only the 2 bigger mixes (150mls) of Darkstar One Shot where they failed.

I wish I had listened to the above advice and bought the Envy 2000's like most of you are using.

Time to hit up Amazon for my next mixing session.

(Anyone fancy a lovely set of 100g digi scales??? Lol)

Well, how stupid of me! I now Do Not recommend these scales!! They're OK and they are accurate, usable and pretty neat. However, they only measure up to 100g which as I have just discovered, making a 150ml mix, it's not enough and they go into overload, Doh!

The T (Tare) function is a touch sensitive button on the scale as well so it's sometimes tricky to press it, especially with gloves on. (Is it safe to mix without gloves? I'm still learning). Having said all that, they have worked perfectly for my afternoon mixing session of the small amounts, it's only the 2 bigger mixes (150mls) of Darkstar One Shot where they failed.

I wish I had listened to the above advice and bought the Envy 2000's like most of you are using.

Time to hit up Amazon for my next mixing session.

(Anyone fancy a lovely set of 100g digi scales??? Lol)
Send em back Amazon are really good with returns usually.

I didn't think of that Unclebilbo, thanks, I'll give it a go and swap them for the Envy 2000.

Cheers! Rob.

I didn't think of that Unclebilbo, thanks, I'll give it a go and swap them for the Envy 2000.

Cheers! Rob.
Don't get those mate although they will do 2000g they only weigh down to 0.1g you want the nv500 that weighs upto 500g and 0.01g.

Interesting thread,im looking at trying to mix by weight as using syringe has become tedious due to marks wearing off the syringe lol[emoji16]

Interesting thread,im looking at trying to mix by weight as using syringe has become tedious due to marks wearing off the syringe lol[emoji16]

People use clear nail varnish to protect the markings on their syringes, worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom