What's new

Mrs Lord & Co - Custard Cream

Sassy

Achiever
Hello!

My first review, oooooh, get me! :yahoo:

Firstly, to make things clear this is my personal review of the juice and doesn't represent thoughts or opinions of POTV. This review will be posted to other forums too.

So, yes, the much talked about Custard Cream!

I paid for this juice, £7 for 15ml and £3 postage. £10 total.

KRvQyZ8.jpg
hPH0N6M.jpg

The bottle was packaged exceptionally well, individually wrapped in bubble wrap, in a ziplock bag which was again covered in bubble wrap, good peace of mind for me knowing it was glass. It also comes with a glass pipette dropper which as someone with disabilities like me is perfect, there are other plastic juice bottles I simply can't squeeze, they are way too hard.

I ordered 18mg, and as you can see from my pictures it's 40/40 which would equate to 50/50. You can also see everything that should be on a bottle is. Tactile Warning, and the poison warnings etc. Do bear in mind the dropper that comes with the bottle is NOT child proof, so make sure you follow all your usual safety standards if you keep the dropper cap on.

So, out of the packet I was greeted with a lovely looking bottle which was sealed with a child proof cap. This I *really* struggled with, I nearly gave up and waited for OH to wake up so he could try and open it for me, but me being impatient me gave it a bit of a pry with a little nail tool of mine and got it open. I don't think it was supposed to be this way, wondering if it had been caught on the thread wrong, I've not heard of any other reports of this and ofcourse you have the obvious problem that due to my ME when it comes to strength I'm a big fat woofter.

Stuck my nose right over the bottle and I'm instantly hit with a delicious, rich, yet soft smell. No mistaking what it should be, I could have shoved a proper custard cream biscuit under my nose and I'd have not known the difference.

Filling my Evod was super easy with the dropper, I popped in a brand new 1.8 head and put it on my ego twist at the lowest 3.2 voltage.

Now, bearing in mind I still have a bit of 'vapours tongue' there was still absolutely no doubt in this world it was a custard cream biscuit in my mouth. It wasn't just a normal custard cream though, this was your posh range supermarket type biscuit. Think Tesco Finest or Sainsbury's Taste the Difference. The biscuit is the stronger flavour of the two but not overbearingly so. You definitely get the creamy vanilla filling taste come through too and I think the ratio is spot on. The biscuit lingers after exhale too, but it's not over powering, just sweet enough to tap your tongue in your mouth and extend the flavour that bit longer.

Vapour production is great, thick, but not plumes coming out, just right. Obviously on higher voltages this would increase but on most juices I seem to personally prefer the lowest voltage.

Throat hit is spot on for me, it's not a wham, but it's smooth and satisfactory from a bottom coil clearo.

As I've been writing this, my OH has just come in from outside and said 'Cor, you walk in here and all you can smell is custard creams' so even your house will smell nice!

Overall 10/10 for me, not too rich or sickly, but sweet enough to satisfy my huge sweet tooth and for me personally, it could be an ADV I think, but I am a cakey/biscuit person, it may not be an ADV to some.

TL;DR - Buy it, buy it now, for the love of biscuits, buy it now.

How did you manage to secure a purchase of one of these!? Their website is doing that thing that only vaping web sites can do: sell out immediately and not open again for ages. :p

Thanks for the review. Bit pricey and not in my nic range, so... everything's adding up to vendor fail :(

Otherwise would kill for a taste of this.

It's a new start up vendor, so they are trying to manage the demand. Once you are on their books, -you will always have a ready supply, so although it's a pain it's worthwhile 'stalking' their site. You'll only have to do it the once;)

Great first review...

However, maybe its cause its 4 in the morning...
the %'s on the back of the bottle dont make sense to me... at all.

can someone elaborate?

How did you manage to secure a purchase of one of these!? Their website is doing that thing that only vaping web sites can do: sell out immediately and not open again for ages. :p

Thanks for the review. Bit pricey and not in my nic range, so... everything's adding up to vendor fail :(

Otherwise would kill for a taste of this.

I was actually incredibly lucky! Registration had closed so I thought I would add them on Facebook so I could be notified when they'd re-open them. I saw their status which they'd posted 3 hours previously saying the doors had closed...gutted. 3 bloody hours!
So, left a comment along the lines of 'Balls, just missed you! Will keep an eye on here for when you re-open' and Mrs Lord replied saying she would create me an account but I'd be the last one!
So yes, I snuck in through the side door!

Great first review...

However, maybe its cause its 4 in the morning...
the %'s on the back of the bottle dont make sense to me... at all.

can someone elaborate?

Thanks for the review compliment! Wasn't sure it would be good enough.
Hoping to expand into the YouTube depths once I can afford a half sharp webcam!

Can't help with the percentages though I'm afraid, I wondered too!

Last edited:
But its not 50/50, and creating confusion like that can only be a bad thing! Most flavouring is PG based anyway, so why the ratio mix cant be correct is anyones guess!

Excellent review though.....as well as the marketing, and anyone who is desperate to try it, but doesnt have an account, just PM someone who does. ;)

I think the nicotine strength you have in the picture is 2.4 so that would not be 18mg more like 24/26mg ??

Ordered mine yesterday cant wait.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom