What's new

NAVI by Voopoo - Deedee's thoughts......

Hi all

As some of you know i won this from @VOOPOO direct, thank you so much! :)

So this is my first official review, this is based on my personal experience only and has not been influenced by anyone. Get yourself a cuppa, grab your vape & read on.........or fall asleep lol.

Voopoo sent this out very quickly, i was very impressed tbh & their communication was spot on!

It came well packaged as i expect from voopoo Nice boxing with everything you need inside.

Navi main battery mod
Navi pod 2ml capacity, stupid tpd!!
2 coils 0.45 and 0.6 ohm
Charge cable
Warranty card
Chip card
Manual

20191223_230405.jpg

I already use the Vinci & have tried the 0.3, 0.8 and 1.2 pnp coils previously so it was nice to have 2 different coils in the navi kit.

Its very nice in the hand, made from Zinc Alloy and has a nice resin panel, very similar to the drag. Its a nice solid bit of kit, good weight and the size, for me it's perfect. Slightly shorter than the Vinci which is a pro.

The coils are pnp (plug & play) which makes swapping them nice & easy. The fill hole is a decent size, has the usual silicone plug at the bottom.
The pod has adjustable triple airflow, its a slide up and down function which provides a good amount of adjustment. You can feel the difference. 1 thing to be mindful of is finger placement as you can easily block the air vent.

20191228_224316.jpg 20191228_224243.jpg
20191228_224552.jpg

Charging port is on the side which is a pro, its micro usb, so works with most of my other cables
1500 mah internal battery (not sure if thats acurate as it does run down quicker than i would expect)
Size: 96 x 33 x 18mm
Power Range: 5- 40W
Capacity: 3.8ml Standard or 2ml (TPD)
IGENE.AI chip, it auto detects the coil & sets the wattage automatically, it wil not go over the max watts for that coil.
5 clicks on & off, 3 clicks changes the draw mode.
Switch mode with 4 clicks to RBA set up
7 colours available
RRP around £30 to £40

Exactly the same screen and functions as the Vinci
Auto Draw & Power button function
14 day puff counter
Daily puff counter (resets at midnight)
0.5 wattage increments
Battery icon
Puff/inhale timer
7 different protection features

20191228_225537.jpg

Ive been using this for around 7 days now.
Used the 0.45 coil for 6 days, with 3mg 70/30 juice only, switched flavours a few times . Zero burnt hits, flavour still very good. Had it set between 25 to 27 watts with airflow half open and the flavour is the best i have had from a pod/aio kit using a freebase juice.
I am impressed. More recently I stick to mtl with nic salts but since having the Navi i am doing more DTL BUT on day 6 i had a leak.....
20191228_222930.jpg

I have used the 0.6 coil for about a day, like the flavour very much, reduced the watts to 20, nice RDTL and nice MTL, would use mtl more if i had a better drip tip (narrow bore) this coil is very versatile so have been going up and down on the watts & putting it through its paces today, every hit has been very good. Again used 3mg 70/30, Dr Vapes Pink mostly, yum!
20191228_231220.jpg

Lets do the Cons.....
1) The POD, well more to the point detecting the juice level, the colour of the pod is too dark and you have a) remove the pod & b) fill it upside down, so you think its full, you close it, flip it back up and its half full as there is a section that goes further down the pod that is not visible (tpd bung i think), you then have to put more juice in and check again, thats taken a bit of getting used to but it won't stop me using it.
2) Airflow is on the noisy side
3) Drip tip is not removable, would have preferred a 510 changeable drip tip. Saying that i do like the drip tip on the pod especially for dtl.
4) 2ml pod or even the standard 3.8ml using the subohm coils 0.6 or below is pretty pointless, mtl would not be a problem but only being able to fill max 2ml or 3.8 in my opinion is a con, the vinci holds just over 5.2ml (standard) I know they want to keep it small but having to fill up all the time is really frustrating. The coils are thirsty so make a pod to accommodate please.
5) Battery life in dtl is lacking for me. I fully charged at 1pm, by 10.30pm id had 246 puffs and it then it ran out of charge, my average inhalation time is 2.10 seconds only. Huge con. Especially vaping at only 26 watts. Imagine what its like using the 0.3 at 40 watts!
6) No pass through charging, i vape in the car and charge at the same time, u cannot do that with the navi and the fact that it runs low so quickly this is a problem for me

The Pros.......
1) The coils, for flavour are amazing, best so far
2) 7 coil options including an rba!
3) Size, weight, look of the kit
4) It doesnt scratch easily unlike the vinci
5) Side charging port
6) Airflow much better compared to the Vinci
7) Auto draw, power or both function
8) Locking function
9) Drip tip, the size is perfect for DTL but not for mtl, i prefer a small bore tip for mtl.
10) 2 wk puff counter
11) Nice clear screen
12) Strong magnets
13) No rattling on the buttons or pod
14) Initially no leaking but it did on day 6 for no reason at all. Maybe the coil is on its way out.
15) The power and flavour does not diminish as the battery depletes.
16) it charges very quickly
Oh and did i mention THE FLAVOUR!! Its superb for me, on par with a subohm like the cleito 120 or the hell beast but with half the watts.

The question is......Would i buy one???? not sure, if voopoo sort the battery, have a bigger liquid capacity & stop the coils from leaking then 100% yes. Also i have to say this.....they need to sort the longevity of their pnp coils, 0.3 is shocking, some have lasted 3 to 4 days at under 30 watts on the vinci. Thats not just my experience.
Will i continue to use the Navi? YES DEFINITELY. The flavour, ease of use, the feel in your hand is delightful. I very much prefer the draw and flavour on the Navi to the Vinci.

20191228_224030.jpg 20191228_224111.jpg 20191228_224122.jpg 20191228_223837.jpg

If you are still awake........Thanks for taking the time to read this review. As i said this is my personal findings only after 7 days of usage. Total puffs = 873 puffs

Again a big huge thank you to @VOOPOO for sending me this free of charge and allowing me to share honest feedback, that shows they want to improve and care about their customers experiences, MASSIVE PRO!

DeeDee aka "the pod queen"

Screenshot_20191229-191549_Bitmoji.jpg

Attachments

• 20191228_224552.jpg
    20191228_224552.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I was looking at this for those times want hassle free vaping. I don't think it is going to be for me.

Nice going " pod queen ". it was worth the wait, even if I got in 1363 puffs in 6 days. Cant beat it for flavour in dtl from a pod, I couldnt put mine down. I`m just waiting now for the pods and rba to be in store and not pre order.

you deserve a

195148-c0ce1949acad68890b86fcb1c0f79047.jpg

Nice going " pod queen ". it was worth the wait, even if I got in 1363 puffs in 6 days. Cant beat it for flavour in dtl from a pod, I couldnt put mine down. I`m just waiting now for the pods and rba to be in store and not pre order.

you deserve a

195148-c0ce1949acad68890b86fcb1c0f79047.jpg
Haha, u love my high five. You should get your bitmoji too! Would be so cool we could communicate with these only hahaha...... nah i talk way too much! Lol

X

Back
Top Bottom