What's new

Need a new RTA - not too sure what I am

Leevis

Initiate
Hi All
I am currently using an Ammit MTL RDA which I like but I think I am using it like a DL. I have all of the air holes open and take it straight into the lungs.

I have tried DL atomisers before and couldn't get on with them because they (to me) are very powerful. I tried using them at low wattage ie the same as I use for MTL but can never seem to get it right.

Sounds to me like I am either doing it wrong or I am destined to use MTL atomisers with the air open.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there an atomiser that works as both MTL and DL? Not too sues what is available these days

Hi All
I am currently using an Ammit MTL RDA which I like but I think I am using it like a DL. I have all of the air holes open and take it straight into the lungs.

I have tried DL atomisers before and couldn't get on with them because they (to me) are very powerful. I tried using them at low wattage ie the same as I use for MTL but can never seem to get it right.

Sounds to me like I am either doing it wrong or I am destined to use MTL atomisers with the air open.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there an atomiser that works as both MTL and DL? Not too sues what is available these days

The OXVA Arbiter RTA has MTL and restricted DL settings.

. https://www.e-cigclouds.co.uk/product/oxva-arbiter-solo-rta-tank/

The majority of MTL RTAs I've seen reviewed have been reportedly ok at RDL, so it must be a relatively common thing to do. Im a tight MTL-er myself, but there must be guys on here who can recommend good RDL tanks. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone mention the Neeko for example.

I've just ordered a Requiem RTA which comes with 3 chimneys for DL, RDL and MTL. Only $24 from Sourcemore at the moment too, or around £33 from Ecigone.

@Mitz has one and @red5 just did a review on the front page.

Might be worth checking out.

I've just ordered a Requiem RTA which comes with 3 chimneys for DL, RDL and MTL. Only $24 from Sourcemore at the moment too, or around £33 from Ecigone.

@Mitz has one and @red5 just did a review on the front page.

Might be worth checking out.
Well, that definitely works. As it's the rdl that you're mainly interested in - as is the OP - I bypassed the middle option and decided to try the largest. Put in an NI80 5 wrap 3x30/4x40 fused Clapton @ 0.55. Noice. Can get a decent amount of airflow with afc ring fully open and can dial it right down by shutting it off. Flavour is good, vapour production is good. All in all, not bad at all. Got it running at 35 watts. My only concern is that the coil sits very snugly inside thd chamber, so I wouldn't build too big, or go too high power. Can't remember what device it was but I remember having something a while back that came with an ultem insert to reduce chamber size. That was also a very snug fit and it got a little bit melted. Looking forward to trying the middle size chimney now, maybe with a slightly smaller coil. But as far as a decent rdl vape goes... yeah, not bad at all. :)

Last edited:
If you can cope with waiting a few weeks I'd take a look at the Dvarw MTL FL clones on AliExpress. Don't consider one without a set of airflow pins (but most have them). The 22 and 24mm variants vape exactly the same - the 24mm is available with a 6ml or 3.5ml tank, the 22mm in 2ml, 3.5ml or 5ml capacity.

I use two - one with a 1.5mm pin for a loose MTL, and one with a 2mm pin for RDL, there are several other options in the pin set but I've never experimented with them as the 1.5 and 2mm pins work perfectly for me. At the moment you can buy one with different sized tanks and a pin set for around £20 so they are well worth considering.

Sounds like you need a RDL rta, the neeko and sure RTA were quite liked by this forum. Just use like a 3 or 4mm insert and I think it will be good for rdl.

My Dwarv has arrived. Discovered that I need a microscope to set it up lol. My pre made coils are too big for it as I think it needs 2mm coils to actually fit in.

I made a 2mm coil, resistance was about 1.1 Ohm, guessing I should make them a lot less than that (around 0.5 maybe?)

Also its pissing the juice out of the air slot so I must be doing something wrong.

Tried a vape and was nothing special, changed the air flow bit to 2.0

Not great, any ideas?

My Dwarv has arrived. Discovered that I need a microscope to set it up lol. My pre made coils are too big for it as I think it needs 2mm coils to actually fit in.

I made a 2mm coil, resistance was about 1.1 Ohm, guessing I should make them a lot less than that (around 0.5 maybe?)

Also its pissing the juice out of the air slot so I must be doing something wrong.

Tried a vape and was nothing special, changed the air flow bit to 2.0

Not great, any ideas?

If it's pissing juice it's your wicking, I can fit a 2.5mm 26g SS plain wire coil in the Dwarv CL

Back
Top Bottom