What's new

Need a new RTA - not too sure what I am

My Dwarv has arrived. Discovered that I need a microscope to set it up lol. My pre made coils are too big for it as I think it needs 2mm coils to actually fit in.

I made a 2mm coil, resistance was about 1.1 Ohm, guessing I should make them a lot less than that (around 0.5 maybe?)

Also its pissing the juice out of the air slot so I must be doing something wrong.

Tried a vape and was nothing special, changed the air flow bit to 2.0

Not great, any ideas?
You thould be able to fit a 2.5mm coil into any Dvarw MTL tank without any problems, but it is dependent on what coils you are using. Thick wires designed for high powered DL vaping won't work properly. If you're using pre-made coils make sure you use ones specifically made for MTL. I tend to vape MTL tanks with fairly open airflow and find either mtl staples or dual 30 core fused claptons both work well, just make sure that MTL is quoted on the packs..

As for your leaking problem - wick the coil, fit the outer ring feeding the wick ends through the open top so it looks like cotton 'bunny ears' are sticking out of the top of the outer ring when it is pressed into place. cut the cotton legs just above the top edge of the outer ring, then push the cut wick ends down inside the outer ring making sure they cover the juice caps. Dont forget to fit the small open cap on top of the outer ring before you screw the tank on or it will dump juice everywhere.

I'd watch a youtube build tutorial to help with the wicking, it looks tricky at first but once you get it right it will all fall into place. I find the Dvarw very easy to build - but I did screw up badly at first lol.

Not plain wire in this build, but if it helps with the wicking...

dpeek.jpg

Tried a different coil (2.5mm) and it fitted fine :) Tried re-wicking with less cotton and still leaking

Really hot to touch too, dunno if I am missing something here

Yours looks like it has a white bit at the bottom, like a bit of plastic, mine did not come with this. That might explain the heat on the bloody thing.

Tried a different coil (2.5mm) and it fitted fine :) Tried re-wicking with less cotton and still leaking

For the leak check the o'rings are all in place and not damaged and that you haven't forgotten the top cap that sits between the top of the outer ring and the chimney. Also check the cotton is covering the juice inlets in the outer ring.

How many Watts are you using - it should be good for a bit over 20 watts if you fit the 2mm airpin, but going much above that is really pushing your luck. Dvarw MTL tanks are good for MTL and very restricted DTL but they aren't cloud chuckers so modest sized coils and power settings are needed.

Last edited:

If something is leaking it can often be caused by not enough cotton. Try using more.

Yours looks like it has a white bit at the bottom, like a bit of plastic, mine did not come with this. That might explain the heat on the bloody thing.

You don't really need it, it's just a wicking guide and holder should you drop it from a multi storey car park, the main thing is the juice slots need to be covered completely with cotton and ideally the cotton should remain on the inside of the ring thing...

dvrawwick.jpg

Evolution vaping had the Arbiter solo for £13 that does MTL with just under coil air flow and RDL with under coil and side airflow, all you need to do to switch between the two is a small twist of the ring under the drip tip, super fast and easy.

My favourite RDL attie is the Aspire Kumo RDTA I run it at 28w with a cheapy fused Clapton coil.

Back
Top Bottom