What's new

Need a new RTA - not too sure what I am

I think I am going to have to start over. Currently I have an Ammit which is nice, I vape at around 25w and get a good hit.

I'd really like to create some big clouds (at least once in my life) with a nice taste.

I am currently making my own juice at around 22mg and want to reduce this so I bought some short fills with the Nic shots and was hoping that using these at a lower Nic AND doing the DL thing I would get what I want.

Not as easy as that it would seem.

I must be doing something wrong

Maybe I should try the Dwarv with maximum air flow?

Right update, getting really annoyed with this one, put in max air flow to see what that is like. Didn't get far enough to test it because the cap on top of the coil fell onto the floor and I cannot find the little bstard anywhere.

Going to tap out until I can find it. This atty is very frustrating

Right update, getting really annoyed with this one, put in max air flow to see what that is like. Didn't get far enough to test it because the cap on top of the coil fell onto the floor and I cannot find the little bstard anywhere.

Going to tap out until I can find it. This atty is very frustrating

The joys of tinkering, you will get there, might need a metal detector though:)

Found it lol, that thing can fly for sure.

Stopped leaking now though, but not feeling anything with the juice, no throat hit, feels like no Nic.

Disappointed.com

Stopped leaking now though, but not feeling anything with the juice, no throat hit, feels like no Nic.

Disappointed.com
If you were using your own home brewed 22mg juice and are now using short fills at 3/6mg, I’m not surprised you are noticing the lack of nic 😳

Disappointed.com
Have you gone from diy 50/50 22mg freebase to shortfill 70/30 with 3mg/6mg salts?

I am currently mixing my own juice at around 20mg but using this in the Ammit which is MTL (although its very airy), I like this.
I read that if you go DL then you do not need quite as much Nic.
I was hoping that if I bought a 100ml shortfall, added a few Nic shots (added two and a half in this instance) I would be getting the same as I was in the Ammit.

I'm not a dl vaper but afaik the reason less nicotine is used in dl vaping is you're inhaling far more vapour and therefore nicotine than with mtl.

I am currently mixing my own juice at around 20mg but using this in the Ammit which is MTL (although its very airy), I like this.
I read that if you go DL then you do not need quite as much Nic.
I was hoping that if I bought a 100ml shortfall, added a few Nic shots (added two and a half in this instance) I would be getting the same as I was in the Ammit.
Generally DL vaping is done at much higher wattages than you would ever be able to vape the Ammit at, also DL tanks use much larger coils and have far more airflow - because of this they vaporise much more juice - and you really need 50, 100 and 200ml shortfill bottles as high powered DL tanks can absolutely swill juice.

Adding 2 nic shots to a 100ml shortfill makes 120ml of 3mg juice adding an extra half a nic shot won't increase the nic volume much - I can't do the maths but it will probably be less than 4mg which obviously isn't enough, particularly if you've been in the habit of vaping high nic juice.

I recommend you don't try adding more nic shots to try to make it stronger as it will dilute the flavour and as MTL atties vaporise small amounts of juice you may find it practically flavour free.

Instead you could try mixing it with some stronger liquid if the flavour profiles are similar. This can work very well with fruits, but don't try a combination of something like bakewell tart and spearmint like I once did - it will be fcn awful.

Back
Top Bottom