What's new

need help with new device

Do you make your own freebase with juice and adding nic shots? or do you buy the 10 ml premade ones?

I mainly DIY with flavour shots VG PG and old school nic but sometimes use pre-made 10ml bottles, I also use 70/30 short fills made up with the same nic and PG.
My Xros came with the 0.6 installed and a spare 1.0, I won’t be trying the 0.6 and I’ll be ordering the 1.0 for replacements.
I’d struggle to use it for DTL with the 0.6 pod because I reckon I’d be refilling it every half hour.

Last edited:
I dont know to be honest, i always ask for 2 normal freebase nic shots at the vapeshop. this is my juice https://www.vapepotions.co.uk/product-page/pink-colada-panther-by-dr-vapes-e-liquid-60ml-shortfill

Would this work on the LVE Orion 2 and what sort of nic base would i need to add?
Again, thank you so much for your replies
ive not seen a 78vg bottle before so thats a first. what youve got to remember is most (not all) shops will provide a 100vg nic shot. so adding that to a 78vg bottle will make it even thicker.
most shortfill bottles were designed for sub ohming with thicker liquid. there are a lot more 70vg makes out there than 80vg bottles. adding a 100pg shot to a 70vg bottle should lower it to nearer 50vg so good for mtl kits but a 78vg bottle may still be a tad too thick.
someone else please work the maths out as ive not mixed in 5 years and my heads a mush working out ratios.

few places you can buy single or more 100pg shots
https://www.dripdropvapour.co.uk/products/nicotine?variant=28120768577641
https://darkstar.co.uk/collections/...-grade-nicotine-shot-2?variant=38197138489518
https://vapable.com/product/18mg-nicotine-shot-10ml/

Shaz @vapepotions, could you advise which ratio nic shot comes with shortfills.

Last edited:
I think you're getting slightly confused about Freebase vs Nic Salt and VG/PG ratios.

Shortfill juices tend to be at 70/30 or 80/20 and are designed to have 1 18mg 10ml nic shot added to a 60ml bottle containing 50ml of juice (or 2 nic shots to a 120ml bottle containing 100mls) so you get 3mg juice which is the most commonly vaped DL strength. You can add Freebase OR Nic Salt type nicotine shots to them, depending on your preference.

Most premade 10ml MTL juice bottles will be 50/50. Although many are nic salt at 10mg or 20mg strength there are plenty of premade Freebase MTL juices (most commonly in 12 or 18mg strength) if you want to stick with freebase nic for MTL.

Basically you can vape DL juices with Nic Salt type nicotine or MTL juices using Freebase juice if that is your preference.

What is very important is that you get your head around VG and PG ratios. Coils designed for Direct Lung Vaping tend to be much larger than MTL coils and have correspondingly larger juice inlet ports so they wick freely. If you use 50/50 with these coils they can (and probably will) leak juice and dump it over your mod. 70/30 juices are thicker because of the higher VG ratio and are more suitable for DL tanks as it will be less prone to leaking (80/20 is also available, but 70/30 is the most common type in the UK)

On the other hand MTL coils tend to be very small and have much smaller juice inlet ports than DL coils. Generally 50/50 will work best with these coils because the higher PG ratio makes the juice thinner so it will wick freely through the smaller inlet ports in MTL coils. If you use thicker 70/30 with small MTL coils you run a risk of dry hitting because the thick juice can't wick fast enough or burning out the cotton if it gets too dry.

It isn't an absolute rule - some MTL coils can wick 70/30 juice (but don't try 80/20 as that is pushing your luck way too far) but most will struggle with thick juice and your coils probably won't last as long. I wouldn't risk using 50/50 in DL tanks as juice leaks can get everywhere and if thin juice gets inside the mod it can fry the board and you will end up with a paperweight,

If you want to try MTL vaping I recommend you stick with 50/50, but buy a few 10ml pre-made juices in Nic Salt and Freebase types to see which you prefer. Just buy one of each - you will quickly find out which type you prefer.

A 50ml 78VG/22PG shortfill contains 39ml of VG and 11ml of PG. If you add a 10ml PG nic shot you end up with 60ml comprising 39ml of VG and 21ml of PG, if my sums are right percentage wise that's a 65VG/35PG juice.

The Vaporesso Xros 3 gets a lot of praise and is worth a look at for a cheap option.

It's getting cracking reviews online and this post is timely as I'm looking at a pod device. I'm reading some reviews saying that the pods last well but then go on to say 15ml before swapping pods out. Surely this can't be true? Would this be typical from a pod system? I'm currently swapping my mesh pro coils out every week which is usually when I get finished up with a 50ml short fill.

Back
Top Bottom