What's new

New DCT Tank Filler Tool

Mark

Legend
DISCLAIMER: I bought this with my own cash and opinions expressed are mine and mine alone

I bought this new device from Ecigwizard and users of the popular DCT tanks may find this useful. We all know that refilling can be awkward. Like many of us I suspect I already own one of these:

View attachment 873

These are cheap at £1.99 or so (I bought mine from Safercigs here http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Tankfilla/p705283_5809134.aspx) and work absolutely fine, especially the new longer versions now being sold. I found the shorter versions didnt allow quite enough 'gap' for the juice to flow freely. these are much better.

So did I need a new one? Well clearly not, but it is shiny :D

I purchased mine here http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/tanks/496-dct-tank-filling-tool.html for £3.99

Here are two pics showing the end which slots into the carto, the 'cup' into which juice is poured and the large holes in the side which allow the juice to fill the tank.

View attachment 874 View attachment 875

..and fitted to the carto before and after being pushed into the tank ready for filling
View attachment 876 View attachment 877

TIP: I stood my PV on the table and simply began to pour away into the 'cup'. I couldn't see any juice flowing into the tank as expected. Instead the cup began to fill. Then I tipped the unit slightly and bingo. My juice was not especially thick (70/30 PG/VG) but it wasnt going to budge seemingly until i did that. Thereafter it was simple.

So is it worth buying if you already own the other type? Well for me, yes. At 4 quid its not going to break the bank. Its clearly a durable item which looks smart. Its advantage though lies not in its looks but with the easily grippable cup which makes insertion and more importantly extraction of the device far easier for me with clumsy fingers. I have on occasion struggled to remove the earlier type tool especially as it tends to get coated with juice during the process.

Last edited:
Used this last night. Took 10 secs to refill. No mess.

I have one ... I find it invaluable

Argh... I was gonna do the same, my 1st product review, beaten to it :(
I shall post it anyway... (I dont see anything wrong with that, I'm sure I'll hear if there is something wrong with that)

Funnel for filling the DCTs that are available on TW (& presumably other 510 cartomiser/tank set ups, but I've only tried TW ones).
2012-11-29%252010.03.41.jpg

It's a great bit of kit, available for under £4 from various vendors. Real simple to use.

2012-11-29%252010.14.54.jpg

Just remove the drip tip from your DCT
2012-11-29%252010.15.48.jpg

Insert the funnel (all the way) into the same space as the drip tip was
2012-11-29%252010.16.06.jpg

Then holding the base of the DCT tank (not the carto) push it all the way through as far as it will go.
2012-11-29%252010.16.42.jpg

Then you can easily fill the DCT without juice going everywhere or into the middle hole. You may need to tip it sideways a bit.
2012-11-29%252010.22.26.jpg

When its full, hold the DCT tank at the top, & push the carto from the bottom back up into the tank as far as it will go, replace the drip tip, job done.

The more reviews the better and your photos are superior ;) Funnily enough I've just acquired a new carto tank and used the tool very easily.

Looks like it'll make life very much easier and I'm all in favour of that, nice one and thanks both :)

Back
Top Bottom