What's new

New to RTA. A few questions.

That’s a really good first job there @WaveyDL

My only advice is to space the coils out a wee bit more. As someone else said it does slightly give a better balance of vape in my experience. The wick looks spot on for that RTA - it’s how I do mine anyway.

Enjoying the flavour? What you vaping on it?

I find spaced coils give of slightly more intensity to the vapour.
Im also convinced they last longer as spaced.
The amount of crud that can build up on spaced compared to non spaced means the non spaced will choke first.
Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.
It's on my todo list now.

Enjoying the flavour? What you vaping on it?

Love the flavor compared to my Vaporesso SWAG. I'm making vape with Double Drip's Orange and Mango Chill as I type. I like the sweeter fruit ones and the "chill" is a nice addition. Any other recommendations along these lines? I fucking love the baked stuff but it's not allowed in the house as it makes my wife hungry and she's trying to lose weight :rolleyes:

It's on my todo list now.

Love the flavor compared to my Vaporesso SWAG. I'm making vape with Double Drip's Orange and Mango Chill as I type. I like the sweeter fruit ones and the "chill" is a nice addition. Any other recommendations along these lines? I fucking love the baked stuff but it's not allowed in the house as it makes my wife hungry and she's trying to lose weight :rolleyes:

Pop over to prime vapes mate. The new fruit flavour batch from @Lee comes with the option of an icy blast. I’ve just ordered the lemon and lime sorbet. I’m going to be dripping it like a mofo!

Oh, and there is a 50% off offer on! Can’t go wrong!

Bit concerned about the tail length on the Rabbit tank. The coil sits a fair bit higher than on the dripper and I'm wondering if it sucks up fast enough when you're really caning it?

Bit concerned about the tail length on the Rabbit tank. The coil sits a fair bit higher than on the dripper and I'm wondering if it sucks up fast enough when you're really caning it?

No dry hits so far and it's my first RTA and build. Can't be that bad ;)

The amount of crud that can build up on spaced compared to non spaced means the non spaced will choke first.
Yeah, this. Especially the crud-build-up. If sweet fruit flavours are your thing, then spacing coils could get a few days more from coils (I have no evidence for this, so don't take it as gospel). It also eleminates hot-spots.

Interesting theory. I'm going to have to test that myself, because right now I'm rewicking every two days so I can burn of the crap off of my coils.

irXExCG.jpg

Coil attempt #2
Quite proud of this fella!

That’s a good looking effort dude! One thing that helped me when I started building that I haven’t seen mentioned (apologies if I just missed it) is the http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html online calculator. At its most basic, you can put in the gauge of wire you have and the resistance you want and/or inner diameter of coils etc and it’ll tell you how many wraps you need. I’ve gained more understanding of the safety side of things by researching what that calculator was telling me than from anything else. Enjoy your building :D

Thanks. I have used it to make these first 2 coils and it's great. I also downloaded a android app called Vape Tool that does the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom