What's new

New to vaping in the UK, any help?

tarekelsakka

Initiate
Hello there

I'm going to take this thread as an opportunity to both introduce myself as well as ask my question. I am a 26 year old Egyptian currently residing in Liverpool as I am studying for a Master's Degree at LJMU, and I was completely serious about and dedicated to vaping until about a year and a half to two years ago in Egypt.

I started vaping back in 2015 when it wasn't very popular in Egypt and I ended up ditching the whole idea after about three months due to the lack of equipment, of course since it was and still is illegal over there. After a while the scene suddenly experienced a boom and just about every corner has a vaping/e-cig store of some sort, whether legally or illegally, and countless websites and Facebook pages that sell and resell vaping stuff.

My very first mod was a Kangertech Subox (if I remember the name correctly) and when I decided to go back to vaping, I decided to upgrade to a dual 18650 setup and went for the IPV6 / Aspire Cleito combination, which was a no brainer for someone who was looking for an intermediary setup. Eventually I fell in love with the scene again and started investing so much time and money in it, ordering hardware and e-liquids from abroad, learning how to build, experimenting with all sorts of different tanks and liquids, and almost started a small e-liquid line but eventually I had a bit of an accident that led me back to smoking again.

At any rate, I have been cutting down on cigarettes lately and I only really use tobacco for other stuff, and I really do miss vaping since I've been away from it for a while. I decided to do some research and ended up ordering the Uwell Nunchako 80W kit with a Samsung 30QR battery and VapeClub UK is hopefully going to include some e-liquids samples since I don't have any at the moment.

Please skip all of the above if you're not interested in my life story and start here: :(:(

Which brings me to the most important question, which e-liquids brands and specific blends do you recommend I try? One website is doing this mystery box offer which gives you 8 random 10ml bottles for a total of 80ml for about 20 pounds, and I am inclined to give that a shot, but I have no real understanding of which e-liquids brands are good and reputable over here in the UK.

My favorite brand back in the day was Suicide Bunny until they completely ruined their recipe, and some others I used to buy from were Cuttwood, Milkman (disastrous sometimes), Boosted, and Candy King, there were definitely a lot of others but these ones come to mind the most.

I have never been a fan of a specific flavor, except for Suicide Bunny's Mother's Milk (original recipe) which was most my favorite and from my experience the best liquid I've ever vaped, however I usually find myself leaning more towards non-sweet flavors that have a bit of sourness in them, like Candy King's line, as well as tobacco/caramel and tobacco/vanilla blends.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on liquids at this point because I am not even sure if I am going to be fully serious about vaping and not going back to smoking or not yet, so do you recommend that I give that Mystery Box offer a shot or how should I start off exactly? I have only seen like one or two vaping stores here locally in Liverpool, including Totally Wicked, but I've never really entered them so I don't know their policy.. do they allow you to try free samples using a RDA, for example, before you decide? Do they give you the option to mix your own liquid? Do they have specific offers for sets of 5, 10, 15, etc. bottles? And lastly, why are some websites able to sell 30, 60, and 100 ml e-liquid bottles while others (especially in stores) can only sell a maximum of 10ml per bottle and 2ml tanks?

Thank you so much for your time and I apologize for the long post, I just wanted to give you guys a background on how I got here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can no longer edit my original post for some reason but I forgot to mention that I only vaped 3mg nicotine liquids that are 70/30. I don't think I've ever tried pure VG, 30/70, 50/50, etc. mainly because 70/30 is the most popular choice in Egypt and one that is always available everywhere, and I also only do DL, for some reason MTL vaping always made me dizzy and uncomfortable.

Hi and welcome to the planet.
Great intro by the way.
A bit rushed at work now but as said my list posted above is everything you will need in one place.
Totally wicked are not that well liked on here but won't go into that.

My main supplier has just started supplying suicide bunny again so check out vape potions on my first post. Think it's £12.50 for shortfill 60ml.
The law changed here in 2016 and legally only 10ml bottles can be sold with nicotine pre mixed in and they had to be tested at £2500 per flavour per nic strength so a very expensive buisiness.
The loophole was found and shortfills were invented as zero nicotine is not affected by the law so they can sell large bottles and then a tested 18mg nic shot is added by you to make it 3mg in strength.

In regards to Liverpool Vape shops I'd avoid Totally Wicked, been in there and don't feel like the staff cared to much. If you're stuck in the city centre I highly recommend Rojeans which is located downstairs in the Cavern Walks on Matthew Street, the guy who runs that is great and happy to help. I'm not sure if he let's you sample there but I'm sure he'll be able to recommend something based on your tastes.

I personally don't get into the city centre often and mostly visit the Vaper Rooms on Eaton Road (L12 2AG) which isn't far from the East Lancs and Queens Drive as it's only 5 minutes away from my partners house. They let you sample the juice to find what's right for you, and have free coffee and cake. They also add nicotine to your preferred level for free on the shortfills. :)

I used to spend a lot of time in LIverpool, the only ones I know of are back up on Smithdown Rd. Empire Vapes and the name of the other escapes me. Heading from the Brookhouse pub the are on the right as you head towards the city centre.

Welcome, brother :)

You will get all the info you need from the guys on here

Thank you all so much for your helpful replies. I was talking in Dale street today and I noticed that a new vape shop opened up called VapourZone. It was still early in the day so it was closed but I checked their website and they seem to sell some cool stuff, and they're 2 minutes away from my place so that's also a plus.

@B0rkedBear I think I might just pay a visit to Vaper Rooms if that's the case, because I want to stock up before I go back home for vacation as I am not a fan of the local vape lines in Egypt and the imported ones are triple the price they are here.

I ordered about eight different 10ml bottles from Gourmet E-liquid like Nasty Juice, Cuttwood, Cosmic Fog, etc. since I already know them and like their products, but I'll definitely be looking forward to paying Vaper Rooms a visit and trying some of the stuff there. I was thinking I should also pick up an RDA while I'm at it so I can try different samples without having to ruin the sub-ohm coils of the Uwell.

I actually forgot my coil master kit here before I went back home last December for vacation, so it all works out since I can start building again as that is really how I truly enjoy vaping.

Just checked out the Vapour Zone website, if you're that close to them then you're only a 10 minute drive or 20 minute bus ride away from Vaper Rooms to so in a good spot. If you like Mango I recommend the Throne Liquids juice 'The Lady' from there, very refreshing in the current weather. :)

Just noticed on your original post that you mentioned sampling on an RDA, they dont really do that there as much as dab a bit on your fingers which is safe as long as it's nicotine free at the time. Taste doesnt really change much for me doing that though.

Let me know how Vapour Zone is if you get a check them out to!

Back
Top Bottom