What's new

Newbie with questions (don't we all?)

Hi all, thought i'd sign up for some advice and help from the community here.

Been a heavy smoker for about 40 years and tried to give up 5 years ago using an appaling cheap cig-a-like which tasted nasty, got hot and really just didn't do the job. So back to the fags I went.

Anyway, some bad news and a few changes of circumstances later, i've bought myself an Innokin Kroma-a and zenith tank and have had three roll-ups in two weeks, and one of them was because i left the kroma indoors when i went out! Its going pretty well, I used to smoke at least 40 roll-ups a day, probably more.
Reading up into mix up some DIY juice now and i'm sure I'll be asking all you good people some advice on that in the not too distant future, but just a quick question here first.

As I am a newbie to this i am vaping via mouth-to-lung (MTLing?) I have a 1.6 ohm coil in the Kroma which came with the tank, set at 13W. The display says that its running at 1.71 ohms. I don't see a way to turn down the ohms. Does the amount of ohms vary or am i burning the coil too hot?
Also, can you MTL on a coil thats 0.8ohms? the zenith came with one of those too but i thought you needed higher rated coils for MTL, but i've seen a lot of the pen style vapes (like say the Endura T20) that come with lower rated coils yet are recommended for people trying to quit.

Thanks in advance and sorry for what must be some very basic questions. Put it down to newbie nerves, I really need to quit the evil weed!
Hi, you've come to the right place! Well done on cutting down the stinkies! Sounds like you're almost there! :2thumbsup: I've been smoking 50 a day for 36 years and stopped for almost a month now with the help of these apes! Look around and have fun! :hugs:

@Jackymax Well done! I'm actually feeling really positve about this and reading all the replies on here which if you know me, is not like me. I'm very much a half empty kind of person so this is almost unknown for me!

cute doggo by the way.

@Jackymax Well done! I'm actually feeling really positve about this and reading all the replies on here which if you know me, is not like me. I'm very much a half empty kind of person so this is almost unknown for me!

cute doggo by the way.
I reckon you'll nail it! :2thumbsup: My Charlie is gorgeous ain't he! :D

Hello mate and welcome.
I am a big fan of the Innokin zenith tank and I have a couple that I use for my all day vaping..
I only Mouth to lung vape to replicate smoking and in my zenith tank I use the 1.6 ohm coils and vape manabush nakomis @12mg nicotine and vape at 10 watts sometimes 11 watts to bump up flavour of tobacco in eliquid and at night I occasionally use manabush mojave dessert @12mg nicotine as a change using same 1.6ohm coil and at 10 watts...
I tried all sorts of tanks and liquid until I settled on this set up did the same as you asked a lot of questions and got some amazing suggestions and advice that got me to where I am now..nearly 3 months and not a single cigarette so good luck with everything and don’t be afraid to ask anything you get great help and support here...

that's great @AJT I must admit I am very impressed with the zenith, even though I haven't really got anything to compare it to, but its working really well for me.
I'm still looking at flavours, I find most of the tobacco ones too harsh and the flavoured ones too sweet! I really don't have a sweet tooth so am struggling to find something. I've ordered some apple sour to see how I get on with that.

50 a day down to 3 in 2 weeks mate, well done keep at it.
Did you find them 3 enjoyable or not?

I packed in last October not had even a drag since, its been hard at times but I came on here in January, didn't even know what mtl meant, but have found Potv to be friendly and helpful, so anything you need to know just ask

that's great @AJT I must admit I am very impressed with the zenith, even though I haven't really got anything to compare it to, but its working really well for me.
I'm still looking at flavours, I find most of the tobacco ones too harsh and the flavoured ones too sweet! I really don't have a sweet tooth so am struggling to find something. I've ordered some apple sour to see how I get on with that.
Have a look at Manabush ”Nakomis” it’s a superb tobacco vape..it’s meant to be a sweet tobacco but for me it’s a perfect mix of tobacco and sweetness and caramel flavour ..perfectly smooth and For me it’s what I found nearest to smoking a normal cigarette and totally satisfying can not recommend it enough..it’s a 50/50 vg pg mix and I vape 12mg nicotine all day well just like I smoked..
I did the same on my journey searching for tobacco eliquid some tasted like ***t and made my throat raw others just plain disgusting until Nakomis was recommended to me and not looked back since...vaping bliss.

@sb300 I wouldn't say I enjoyed them, more glad to have the nic fix, I was gasping at the time which is why I succumbed lol. I was pretty amazed how much they stank, or put another way, how quickly my sense of smell has come back. Wifey still smokes and although it doesn't bother me, I do find the smell of roll-ups quite pungent now, and not very appealing.

Back
Top Bottom