What's new

Nicotine strength?

Mariposa

Hi all,

I just have a few questions about nicotine strengths, been lurking for a while and you all seem a friendly bunch :)

I’ve been vaping for about 3 months now (was smoking about 15 roll ups a day). Currently using a Nautilus 2 with 6mg nicotine.

I wouldn’t say I am still craving cigarettes, but I do seem to vape constantly at home - use about 4-5 ml liquid a day at least.

Would moving up to 12mg slow down the amount I vape? Would it also change the flavour of the e-liquid?

Don’t want to increase nicotine strength if I don’t need to as it would feel like a backward step but if it would stop me chain vaping it might be worth a try (although I’m not sure if I am chain vaping for the nicotine or just something to do). Also have a collection of 6mg liquids so not keen on them potentially going to waste!

Appreciate any input...

If 6mg is not doing it for you then move up to 12mg. It doesn't mean your are giving in to defeat. Find what strength best suits you at the moment and don't put pressure on yourself to cut down or give up the nic. I've been vaping for nearly 3 years and still use 12 and 18mg nic. Its what works for me.

As above really i would say.
Maybe get a couple of 10ml 12mg bottles and give it a try.

I was the same when i started vaping i never put it down.

hi and welcome to the planet

as said, whatever suits you and keeps you off the cigs.
i started on 18mg and cut down to 12 within a couple of weeks.
then bought the first ever subtank and straight down to 3mg which im still on 3 years later.
average 25-35ml a day and at weekends even more.

You do not have to stick with one strength nic. I mostly vape 5mg, 10mg if not going to be vaping for a while and 20mg if vaping opportunities are going to be severely restricted.

No right or wrong, just what works for you. High nic vapers do tend to vape less juice than low nic vapers.
Give it a go and see what you think and go back down if you do not like it or still vape as much.

Thanks for the replies all.

Yeah, I’m currently using a 0.7 coil, it seems to taste a bit harsher than the 1.6 coil I was using which is why I wasn’t sure about going up a strength - in case it had more of a throat hit the higher the nicotine level.

I guess the only way to know is to buy some 12mg liquid and see how it goes... I can see how vaping can get expensive, better than smoking though so I’m not complaining!

Thanks for the replies all.

I guess the only way to know is to buy some 12mg liquid and see how it goes... I can see how vaping can get expensive, better than smoking though so I’m not complaining!

It's all trial and error until you find something you like that works for you. I've been vaping for nearly 4 years and hardly spend anything now as have a perfect setup that works for me. You'll get there!

Hi all,

I just have a few questions about nicotine strengths, been lurking for a while and you all seem a friendly bunch :)

I’ve been vaping for about 3 months now (was smoking about 15 roll ups a day). Currently using a Nautilus 2 with 6mg nicotine.

I wouldn’t say I am still craving cigarettes, but I do seem to vape constantly at home - use about 4-5 ml liquid a day at least.

Would moving up to 12mg slow down the amount I vape? Would it also change the flavour of the e-liquid?

Don’t want to increase nicotine strength if I don’t need to as it would feel like a backward step but if it would stop me chain vaping it might be worth a try (although I’m not sure if I am chain vaping for the nicotine or just something to do). Also have a collection of 6mg liquids so not keen on them potentially going to waste!

Appreciate any input...

It's not a backwards step, my best mate vapes a higher nicotine than me (I'm 12mg he's 18mg) even though when we smoked he smoked less than I did. .... which when you think about it makes sense, I smoked more than him and now I vape more than him, because he likes to vape as he smoked (with longer time between cigarettes and now vaping) he needs a higher nicotine to get him though the gaps when he doesn't vape.... overall he consumes less liquid and less nicotine than I do in a day.

Personally I would recommend going higher if you feel you are vaping constantly and don't want to.

Back
Top Bottom