What's new

OH! More Boro - BD Vapes Bridge & Mod

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
The Chinese just keep pumping out the new boro devices :22:

Damn Vape, THC, Ambition Mods, Veepon…they have a new competitor for their not-so-high-end mods. BD Vapes has just dropped both a bridge and a boro mod, and they actually look rather interesting!:14: You may remember BD Vapes for the Precisio rta. I’m pretty sure this is the same guy who started BP Mods.

To the point, this the Tycoon Boro by BD Vapes and Hirano Design and the Droid RDTA. It is a 21700 boro device, but still rather petite (80x48x26). It’s max 80w and uses a proprietary chip set whose screen I do not recognize, but has VW, VV, & TC. The price in France is about £70 for the mod and £30 for the bridge. Otherwise, I think the pics below are rather self-explanatory :) And please, wipe that drool off your chin :18:

vkw8G8V.jpg

CAUO0Oc.jpg

A decent price, certainly. Will be interesting to see how it translates if/when it becomes available in the UK - A different exchange rate seems to be used when the UK gets something :(
However, it’s not for me. I have 5 Boro devices; all of which fall into the BB-esque camp. I’m really not at all sold on the (for the want of a better expression/comparison) Stubby-esque styles.
And 21700 only adds to the bulk for an MTL vaper like myself who finds an 18650 lasts me 3 days or more.

A decent price, certainly. Will be interesting to see how it translates if/when it becomes available in the UK - A different exchange rate seems to be used when the UK gets something :(
However, it’s not for me. I have 5 Boro devices; all of which fall into the BB-esque camp. I’m really not at all sold on the (for the want of a better expression/comparison) Stubby-esque styles.
And 21700 only adds to the bulk for an MTL vaper like myself who finds an 18650 lasts me 3 days or more.
You have many valid points that I heartily agree with! It is probably heavier than all my other mods, but size-wise it’s not much bigger than my Pulse Mini :hmm:

And when you’re stuck on a desert island for a week, you’ll be glad you had that 21700 :18:

Last edited:
21700 has piqued my interest, but the exposed battery is slightly off-putting. That style style of battery cap also has potential for crunchiness.

21700 has piqued my interest, but the exposed battery is slightly off-putting. That style style of battery cap also has potential for crunchiness.
Yeah, why is exposed battery design a thing? Since it doesn’t actually make the mod smaller in this case…why? Less weight? Because it looks cool and you can show off your battery wrap? So you can have a short circuit in your pocket if your pants get wet when it’s raining? :hmm: Why?

giphy.gif

Because it looks cool and you can show off your battery wrap?

I think this one specifically. Which is fine if the likes of ODB wraps weren't so delicate and prone to tearing.

I just buy the thick, clear wraps from eBay which probably could survive being exposed but I'd still prefer fully enclosed.

Love the Butthead gif by the way ;)

I'm not a lover of exposed battery's on mods. But other than that if the price stays similar to what it is in France, I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Didn’t want to start another thread, but this choice piece of kit has also landed at French retailers, by GD mods…not to be confused with BP mods, BD mods, or FU mods :18: It’s actually been available from China for a while, and, hold on to your wallet, it’s only £145! For a Yihi chip…

MeOE7y6.jpg

If you really are interested, Mark Todd did a review of it a while back, and actually liked it ;)

Didn’t want to start another thread, but this choice piece of kit has also landed at French retailers, by GD mods…not to be confused with BP mods, BD mods, or FU mods :18: It’s actually been available from China for a while, and, hold on to your wallet, it’s only £145! For a Yihi chip…

MeOE7y6.jpg

If you really are interested, Mark Todd did a review of it a while back, and actually liked it ;)
Did he do the review with his eyes shut and wearing ski mittens? :)

Back
Top Bottom