What's new

Paint splashes on the deck. Is that bad?

Boa Trix

Initiate
Hello everyone. I got a clone bridge in the vape mail. 'Went for a blue one. There is paint in the deck which I didn't expect. Just where the end of the wicks would lay. I've seen some other black bridges where the deck is painted too. So I don't know if it's OK to vape this way, or if this paint could be unhealthy. '
IMG_20230618_190056.jpg
black midg clone.jpg
Looking for opinion and experience, please.

Happens with clones and some authentics I’m afraid. I wouldn’t expect a big old DTL dripper deck to get hot enough to melt paint so I think you’ll be fine on that.
If it does bother you then you could scrape it off with a small screwdriver or knife?

Also that doesn’t look like paint tbf. Look more like a scorch mark from some part of the machining process.

Also that doesn’t look like paint tbf. Look more like a scorch mark from some part of the machining process.
the center of the splash is blue like the outside tone. I don't know how they paint it.
I used to work in a factory where they painted metal pieces. The "paint" was sprayed, then it all passed in the oven.
It could involve a lot of chemical, that's what made me wonder. But I really want to try the bridge ^^

the center of the splash is blue like the outside tone. I don't how they paint it.
I used to work in a factory where they painted metal pieces. The the "paint" was sprayed, then it all passed in the oven.
It could involve a lot of chemical, that's what made me wonder. But I really want to try the bridge ^^
You’re probably more clued up than me then ma’am, but it wouldn’t bother me personally if I’m honest :14:

That looks more like heat treatment than paint (a lot of rainbow finish tanks have the same affect).

If you think it may be paint or a coating try scraping it inside the build deck where any scratches can't be seen with something sharp like pointy tweezers or the edge of a screwdriver. I'd be very surprised if you'll find it is paint, and I seriously doubt they would go to the trouble to paint a rainbow pattern on a part of the tank that can't be seen when assembled.

I'd just vape it regardless, but I did smoke unfiltered ciggies for 40 years without caring so I'm no health expert.

That looks more like heat treatment than paint (a lot of rainbow finish tanks have the same affect).

if you think it may be paint or a coating try scraping it inside the build deck where any scratches can't be seen with something sharp like pointy tweezers or the edge of a screwdriver. I'd be very surprised if you'll find it is paint, and I seriously doubt they would go to the trouble to paint a rainbow pattern on a part of the tank that can't be seen when assembled.

I'd just vape it regardless, but I did smoke unfiltered ciggies for 40 years without caring so I'm no health expert.

Yes, I don't think it's paint or something I could scratch. There's no thickness. It seems like a burning or chemical coloring process with pigment. My english is not technical enough to this matter... Excuse my french ^^
I will clean it like any other, and use it. As no one mentioned an obvious or known danger to it :)
Thank you

I’d suggest it’s caused by massive overheating, during the milling of the deck.

Back
Top Bottom