What's new

**Phileas fogg** & **Cuckoo coils**

pfvapes

Premium Vendor
So...

RTA's

Arguably, and certainly in my opinion, the best route to flavour on a tank if you want subohm on cotton.

This started when i challenged Rich to produce a pair of claptons at 0.8 ohms for my aromamizer on the evolvr series mod. The result was epic

So I posted the wizard another aromamizer, a griffin and a mk2 goblin mini....

The below is verbatim from @cloudcuckoo himself and there was no point in re writing it :D

Quite chuffed that PF asked me to be involved in what he is doing, quite like myself we seem to work to similar principles, practice makes perfect, hard work pays off and don't ignore the simple things.

PF's sticks by his word that his juices are at their best between 40 and 60 watts. Challenge accepted.

Decided to aim for the middle of the road at 50watts with a few thoughts in mind.
-liveable ramp time
-the easier the install the better
-need to be able to take a thrashing if need be.

The tanks we worked on and there builds are as follows.

The aromamizer AKA 'the purist'

A very simple build of single core Clapton coils consisting of a 26g core wire wrapped in a 35g outer, all KA1 kanthal. Intended for a vertical install the legs are in the approximate position for a plug and play install. Some say the steam crave little beauty flourishes with a 3mm inner diameter coil, we've gone for a 2.5mm inner. The 2 main reasons for this are its aids ramp time and makes the install that little bit easier with no loss in performance as far as we can tell.
These coils are 6wraps per coil and ohm out at 0.33-0.35 for the pair.

Goblin mini V2 AKA 'the gent'

Much like myself stout in stature but damn is it good looking. Myself and UD products have an iffy past, as I see it they don't make for easy installs choosing to give their post holes a weird stagger. This caused a problem in the plan, easy installs was part of the form, in short we've done the best we can. The negative leg will come with a kink, this is intended to make the install as easy as possible and works well, but you still need to be confident in building on UD products. The coils are fused Clapton's, to make this happen in a tiny space we have gone tiiiny. Each coil has x2 30g KA1 kanthal cores, they are fused together using 38g N80 wire. As a pair they ohm out to 0.4-0.43.
So why is it the gent? Well single coiled (using the adaptor that came with the tank) its a real nice sit and chill vape, nice and gentle.
A real flavour monster, single or dual coiled.

The Griffin AKA 'the hooligan'

'Clouds bro....'. Doesn't mean you have to live with terrible ramp time.
In short I found the griffin with a normal build was OK at best, lots of installs later we found our happy place. Fused Clapton's, consisting of x2 26g kanthal cores wrapped in 35g N80 with a 2mm inner diameter. The vape is quick, flavourful and as cloudy as you want it, it'll chuck all the way down to 35w.
These are 6wrap coils and are built as a plug and play solution, very easy to install. A little care is needed when setting up using a low wattage to pulse fire and work out and hot spots in the N80, a very simple/quick process.
These coils ohm out to 0.2 ohms per pair.

So. We will very shortly be offering as part of a bundle deal on juice these 3 specific RTA coils for your vaping pleasure.

By all means go direct to the man himself, and bask in the awesomeness that way.

But, please, if you love the our juice, get ready to fall in love all over again!

These coils are unbelievably resilient, and work out nearly as easy as a stock coil, with a far better life span and awesome flavour

Consider this the teaser, and I'll let you know when we have the on the site ready to go ;)

Enjoy

How much bigger is the goblin mini v2 deck compared to the v1?

Rich is gonna chuck some pics in when he gets a breather, and we will do a few wicking tutorials if anyone wants, but I just use the scotch roll method and ram em in lol

The v2 deck is slightly bigger, but I still think it's roughly in the same ball park build wise. Both as good as each other the only pro is the top fill in my eyes but that does make life a lot easier with bigger bottle drippers

The v2 deck is slightly bigger, but I still think it's roughly in the same ball park build wise. Both as good as each other the only pro is the top fill in my eyes but that does make life a lot easier with bigger bottle drippers
I was curious about the coil size, will cucks coils for the v2 fit the v1

Few piccies from along the way, not the final pics @pfvapes .
In short ingnore any fluff/funk, these are simply my reference shots - easier than making notes ya seeeeee

Attachments

• 1459619800940.jpg
    1459619800940.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 1459619832595.jpg
    1459619832595.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 1459619856283.jpg
    1459619856283.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 1459619887474.jpg
    1459619887474.jpg