What's new

Pick for britain

Sounds like a good idea. Can't do it myself as I'm still working

I would've done it, done it in my younger years: spuds, blackberries, raspberries, apples, and sort of related: hops, now that was fun. Bloody back, sometimes it seems I cant do much at all.

Same here i would of done it if i was younger and had my health i think its a good idea.

I would love to do it but we don’t have much agricultural where I am. I did check when they first started asking and was gutted. We mostly have dairy/sheep or grains round here

Able bodied people on benefits/job seekers allowance should be made to do that [emoji6]
I agree.
It's a job and we have unemployed that are looking for work so they should be automatically signed up.
If i was unemployed I'd be first in the queue.

I agree.
It's a job and we have unemployed that are looking for work so they should be automatically signed up.
If i was unemployed I'd be first in the queue.
Some unemployed, and I know they are a minority, just want benefit money to do fuck all. They've no intention of getting a job. It's those I would say to, do this or your benefits are stopped.. Harsh ! I don't think so. Most of us have to work for our money.

Some unemployed, and I know they are a minority, just want benefit money to do fuck all. They've no intention of getting a job. It's those I would say to, do this or your benefits are stopped.. Harsh ! I don't think so. Most of us have to work for our money.
I grew up on seasonal work and some of it can be very well paid.
Tomato picking for VHE in kent we used to get around 5-6 hours a day starting really early cos it used to get too hot in the greenhouses.
Used to pay minimum wage and you had to pick at least 8 trays an hour.
Most folks used to just pick the target cos it was hard slog but a mate and me bounced off eachother and learnt to hydrate properly and work our nuts off figuring out we would get a further 45p for every tray picked over the 8 we were earning on average £20 per hour.
This is going back 25yrs but for a 20yr old i was on mega bucks for the summer.

Again i agree they should be automatically put in the pot.

Back
Top Bottom