What's new

POLL: E-smoker or Vaper?

Would you call yourself a Vaper or an E-Smoker?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I just say whatever comes out at the time. If people as if I smoke I'll say "no I vape" or "No I use e-cigs now" depending on who it is.

My girlfriends family refer to it as a shisha pen -.- so I just roll with that when I am around them because I'm not too bothered what other people call it or think of it.

Although, if I'm heading out for a vape I still say "I'm going for a smoke".

It's all become a big mess of words so I just roll with it ;)

I've never heard anyone refer to themselves as an e-smoker.
I like to use the word vape interchangeably - I am a vaper, I vape and I use my vape.
I use vape juice too :)

I think of myself as a vaper and i would class myself as a non smoker now. If im out with friends i still say 'coming for a fag' lol.

Vaping is what I call it. I get a lot of shit at work because I vape and have a beard, constant piss taking about being a hipster.

I voted for neither/something else, probably because of my relatively short time vaping I generally think of myself primarily as an 'ex-smoker'. I like reminding myself that I don't smoke anymore, it makes me feel good so I'm not sure I would want to say I was an 'e-smoker' as that would make me feel like quitting wasn't the big achievement it was for me and I was in some way still smoking. (I'm not sure that makes total sense but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say)

I'm not 100% sure I would ever call myself a 'vaper' either, although I have no problem telling people that I 'vape' and it was instrumental in helping me finally quit smoking (and that's what I do say to people) I don't feel that it defines me as a person in the same way as being 'a smoker' did and for me that's a positive thing.

I think using a term like 'e-smoking' is probably not in our best interests when it comes to future legislation that will affect us in a negative way (which is already happening) and getting other people to make the switch. (which to be honest is the most important thing to me) Not all that long ago I thought that e-cigarettes produced smoke and that e-smoking was just a slightly safer and different way to smoke but was still essentially the same thing and until I looked into it more I was very unaware that wasn't the case. That matters because as many of you will know smokers, being addicts, will find any excuse not to stop and will tell themselves 'it's still smoking, so why bother trying to switch' .... I know because I was that person.

I don't want to use the word smoker to describe myself again. It's a big psychological lift in the quest to stay off the fags being able to say ex-smoker and vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom