What's new

POLL: E-smoker or Vaper?

Would you call yourself a Vaper or an E-Smoker?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have trouble with this, and use whichever term suits the situation....

one of the bathroom fitters tentatively asked me "what was that you were sucking on" after catching me in the act...
before I had chance to be brutally offended, I realised he was referring to my Provari & Tank (which to the unaware must look the furthest thing from a "fake cigarette") - so I said it was an "electronic cigarette", I think he got it ;)

The majority of people, actually ALL the people I know, have never seen one or even heard of them so the single keyword that explains it without going into any technical detail is generally "electronic cigarette" I find.

I only ever use the term "vaping" on forums where people know what I mean - although I don`t like that word either, for no other reason than I simply don`t like it as a word - and someone, somewhere just made it up through necessity.

I still think "squonking" is the most amusing, regardless if you`re using a bottom feeder or not.

So far, I tell people that I'm going outside for a robot cigarette, and then they call me a variety of things, involving neither e-smoker, nor vaper.

Vaper definitely, l vape therefore l am .............................. not a smoker of any kind, l generally think of my ego/clearo's as my pv NOT an e-cig l don't like the link back to the stinkies

Complete vaper now, smoking was so last year for me, funny thing today is Two guys who work next door have both ordered ego kits and zero Nic juice, they have never smoked so have gone for zero Nic !!!!

I very rarely use this, but here goes..... OMG ! :)

That may be the first time I`ve heard of people actually start vaping after being non smokers previously...

although thinking about it, there`s no reason why people shouldn`t - unusual it might be, but people DO start smoking, so why not start vaping ?!

I wonder how many people have started vaping with nicotine as well, as an alternative to "real" smoking (regarding nicotine)....there must be some.

Last edited:
I suspect I will be a smoker for all that remains of my life, regardless of the fact that I might never actually smoke another cigarette.

I no longer smoke and I think that having terms such as vaping and vaper allows me a bit of distance between what I do now and the cancersticks.

I have called my devices ecigs, mods and PVs depending on circumstance. I like e-snout, I do not like e-smoker, that is just bad patter IMHO.

I have more than one friend who refers to my devices as 'poof's fags'. Now I am of the opinion that in a free society, sexual orientation should not be an issue. But that is one name I hope does not catch on.

Vapor for me Ive tried the E fags a few times to pack in the fags, one week on the vapor and not one fag

Im happy to call myself a vaper and i use an electronic cigarette to do this. I think the term e smoker is too close to smoking and people that dont understand it raise their eye brows when it is mentioned. The large amount of time I have to spend educating people on what is in it and what it does eventually makes them come round.
It would be so much easier if everyone knew what they were and knew how we were trying to do better by using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom