What's new

PPE Acetate Help

I have been 3D Printing PPE Visors/Face Shields constantly for days, at first I was going to send them into a national pool where they would supply and assemble the clear Acetate, but I discovered it would be of more help if I assembled and distributed them myself so they would get to where they are needed without the logistical lag.

At the moment I have a care home and a mobile carers agency in urgent need of at least 20 each, I will supply to others if I get capacity.

I have 9 complete and 11 awaiting acetate, they are taking me 102 minutes each to print and can only produce 7 or 8 a day, any faster and the quality becomes too poor.

I'm happily absorbing the filament & running cost of printing but due to circumstances I don't have the funds to purchase the Acetate and it has started to run out of stock in many places.

So I need some help please, if you have any or can get some A4 - 240 Micron Transparent/Clear Acetate then donations would be really appreciated.

@Crewella has kindly purchased and donated me 25 which are in transit.

At the moment I have run out completely, I f**ked up and got the wrong thickness of 100 Microns which turned out to be way too thin, ideally I need 10 per day with a safety buffer.

PM me if you can help or even advise.
Thank you.

PPE-1.jpg
PPE-2.jpg
PPE-3.jpg

Have you a linkup to get some from ?

Would seem to be a good idea to get a bulk order. I can send you a donation?

Have you a linkup to get some from ?
The ones @Crewella bought are out of stock but I found these:

10 A4 Crystal Clear Acetate Sheets Transparency Film. High Clarity - 240 Micron
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-A4-Cr...ncy-Film-High-Clarity-240-Micron/133378210797

100 x A4 Transparent Acetate 240 Micron Clear OHP Sheets
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-x-A4...P-Sheets-not-100-120-180-400-440/353042678732

Would seem to be a good idea to get a bulk order. I can send you a donation?

I wasn't comfortable about receiving dosh, though it would speed it up by shipping direct to me plus I could order a larger quantity, I could always post screen grabs of purchases.

The ones @Crewella bought are out of stock but I found these:

10 A4 Crystal Clear Acetate Sheets Transparency Film. High Clarity - 240 Micron
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-A4-Cr...ncy-Film-High-Clarity-240-Micron/133378210797

100 x A4 Transparent Acetate 240 Micron Clear OHP Sheets
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-x-A4...P-Sheets-not-100-120-180-400-440/353042678732

I wasn't comfortable about receiving dosh, though it would speed it up by shipping direct to me plus I could order a larger quantity, I could always post screen grabs of purchases.

You are a totally trusted member on here mate. Would be happy to paypal you something.

Donation sent Simon for a great job you are doing, use it however works best for you. :2thumbsup:

100 on the way to me ... when they land ill give you a nod and get em sent over to you

D33639BB-A873-419D-9193-EBC2DF48F6D4.jpeg

Donation sent Simon for a great job you are doing, use it however works best for you. :2thumbsup:
Wow that was fast! Thanks Mart you're a star - ordered 100 ETA Weds/Thurs :clapping:

100 on the way to me ... when they land ill give you a nod and get em sent over to you

View attachment 215418

Superb Thank You @ZT - Totals 3+ weeks worth just from 3 donations :2thumbsup:

That has totally taken the edge off and I will be sure to pass on your kindness to the folks that will benefit from them.

Made my day big time, was feeling a little demoralised as the prints were stacking up incomplete.

If you know anyone that has a 3D printer and willing to contribute then ask them to get started and contribute to their local effort, it's easy enough to find those in need via people they know.

Naturally they will also need Acetate so let them know where to get it.

If they need any guidance on setup, settings or need the files let me know and I will be happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom