What's new

PPE Acetate Help

Wow that was fast! Thanks Mart you're a star - ordered 100 ETA Weds/Thurs :clapping:

Superb Thank You @ZT - Totals 3+ weeks worth just from 3 donations :2thumbsup:

That has totally taken the edge off and I will be sure to pass on your kindness to the folks that will benefit from them.

Made my day big time, was feeling a little demoralised as the prints were stacking up incomplete.
Keep on it!

If you need more - I will help as much as I can - while I can

If you know anyone that has a 3D printer and willing to contribute then ask them to get started and contribute to their local effort, it's easy enough to find those in need via people they know.

Naturally they will also need Acetate so let them know where to get it.

If they need any guidance on setup, settings or need the files let me know and I will be happy to help.
Ive been considering one ... but i would like (I’m not even sure this exists) the Mac equivalent of a 3D printer ... plug and play .. no faffing - otherwise my interest will wane within seconds.

Donation sent mate
Superb - Thank You so much - I promise not to spend it on bog roll!

I can crack on printing without worrying about Acetate now, used up all my White filament so now onto Orange, I have plenty of other colour filament so no fears there and it turns out the care home prefer different assorted colours to manage rotation/cleaning :)

Ive been considering one ... but i would like (I’m not even sure this exists) the Mac equivalent of a 3D printer ... plug and play .. no faffing - otherwise my interest will wane within seconds.
There are some simpler 3D printers but the size is generally too small or crap quality, I've spent countless hours chasing the dragon in the quest for improved quality or fault finding, upgrading, maintenance etc.

I reckon we are a good 5 years away from an iMac style 3D printer, hopefully sooner but not a lot has evolved since I started.

Just praying my 3D printer carries on working now I need it the most.

How much does a 3D printer cost?
Could you get hold of another one if you had the money?
I take it you would be able to increase productivity and reduce times?

Small donation sent. Use it where you see fit Mr Vap. Your costs will soon mount up. :) Great work.

How much does a 3D printer cost?
Could you get hold of another one if you had the money?
I take it you would be able to increase productivity and reduce times?

I know that some other people have got a 2nd printer as it instantly doubles capacity though they aren't cheap for a workhorse one, I still think injection moulding is a much better way and can't believe these are still in short supply, I worked for an Engineering company and the tooling could be designed and manufactured in under 48 hours if urgent, they could mass produce at a fraction of the time and cost.

Does anyone know anybody in the Plastics industry? I know they are already producing existing PPE stuff but I would love to know what is being produced like this simpler face visor.

The Ender 3 is pretty good, it has a smaller capacity and would just about manage to fit a visor print.

It is probably easier to manage than mine and a lot cheaper.

Printing ready made designs is quite simple once you know the basics of running the machine and the slicing software but learning 3D cad is when they get really useful.

Back
Top Bottom