What's new

Public Health Wales calls for public places e-cigs ban

They just point blank refuse to actually engage to discuss this,Obviously just been given a script of what to say!

I've been thinking about this for a while: Isn't it time that vapers reclaimed the language used, for a start stopped using the word "E-cigarette" with all the connotations of smoking tobacco that obviously remain with it and used another word or phrase, PVD, 'vaper', (as in 'I'm using my vaper', ok that's a bit tautological, "I'm a vaper vaping my vaper", but you get the gist) etc.

Whatever words we choose to use should give the reader or listener no doubt that we are engaging in a practice that is not or no longer related to smoking analogue cigarettes and tobacco, and as that furthermore as adults we are perfectly capable of regulating (and reducing) our nicotine intake without interference. I'd like to see the EU attempt to bring in the same draconian measures that they are attempting to pass on PVDs for alcohol...

Is it worth visiting my GP and talking to them about my personal experience of how I've given up smoking by vaping and the need to keep vaping as a minimally regulated practice for those of us who wish to use it as a method to cease tobacco use? (I realise it isn't sold as such, but that seems to be what we all use it for) I feel this might be of use (any advice welcome!) and also offer to give a talk to the other GPs at the surgery if they are interested as I know a couple are smokers/ex-smokers.

I fired off a few tweets in Welsh earlier - let's see if they can answer in the language they should be able to understand

Lilyred cant agree more,I said the same thing months ago,
We don't use the flash ecig,we use everything but,
I vape as a alternative to tobacco ,like many others,ecig just brands us as smokers,[because a lot of people don't know the difference ,

Back
Top Bottom