What's new

Quit smoking, started vaping, feeling like crap, help me, please!

Stick with it, sounds like your body is detoxing itself. Remember your body is used to all those chemicals in cigarettes, and now it's not getting them.
I went through a phase of weird crap which started about 3 weeks in and lasted for about 6 weeks.
Good luck
Cheers Jon

Stick with it, sounds like your body is detoxing itself. Remember your body is used to all those chemicals in cigarettes, and now it's not getting them.
I went through a phase of weird crap which started about 3 weeks in and lasted for about 6 weeks.
Good luck
Cheers Jon

@ShadowOnASun Jon The Vape is spot on I had about the same it will pass and you will feel a hell of a lot better, stick with stopped smoking and you will get there and well done :)

it took a while for me to feel better. it does pass like other apes have said. its worth it in the end. the human body is an amazing machine.

I smoked 20 fags a day, sometimes 40,sometimes more if I was on the sesh. I started with 12mg mtl and had to drop the nic fairly rapidly because it was too much. Add in the fact that you've just stopped smoking and all that shite will now be starting to come out of your body. You're bound to feel like crap.

Wow guys, thanks for all the support and advice, it really does feel better and easier when you can talk to someone!

I've been on another forum to ask the same question and all I've got was: 'stop immediately! Vaping is unhealthy and you're gonna DIE!' (Slight exaggeration here). And 'I think you'd be better off on fags, tbh. At least all the side effects are known'. Same with family. My brother started lecturing me about vaping, stating that harm tobacco does is grossly exaggerated, it's not actually that bad and even has benefits in some cases, dementia, for example (??? whatever). Funny thing is, most of the people around me are long term smokers. But even those who don't smoke, never said a word when I did. But as soon as I bought my vape kit - the pontificating started.

Ok, rant over, sorry :).

Getting back on health. I've upped my water intake today. I was already drinking 3L a day (for a long time, unrelated to smoking), but I still got that ' very dry mouth' feeling since started vaping. Upping water even more seem to help somewhat. Hope I'm not going to drown :).

I'm not overly concerned with my health, tbh. I mean, I was reasonably healthy before starting vaping and I'm feeling crappy for the past week/1.5 weeks only. I don't think that's caused by vaping rather than withdrawal from fags, though. So I just wanted to hear other experiences, as there's a lot of info about nicotine withdrawal when one goes cold turkey, but I couldn't find enough about what happens when you quit smoking and start vaping.

people that smoke ciggettes are on the sinking ship. more people are getting off that ship. like I've said on this forum my grandma died of copd. smoking kills. its nasty.

Having quit smoking Shadow I can defo say that smoking is way more harmful than Vaping, enjoy your juice your on the right track :14:

Don't know where that other forum was based Shadow, but this is a UK based site. There can be a lot of misinformation and lies floating about regarding vaping, but here we value scientific facts and personal experience. Also we share ideas about vaping as safely as possible and help each other out with support. I hope you stick around and become part of the community

All sounds quite normal to me and you will feel better once you've completed the detox from fags stage.
I'm guessing you're from the US?
Theres a vast amount of miss information floating around about vaping but it's even more exaggerated in the US and most of the bullcrap seems to stick.

Well done on giving up :2thumbsup:

No, I'm not from US, but I'm aware of the situation there and I know that the people who died/got sick were vaping bootleg stuff and mostly THC which is not a done thing. And I also know that juice in UK is strictly regulated (or at least I hope so) and supposed to be safe. I'm based in UK, I'm just not from here :).

Now I've done my fair share of crazy shit in my life, but I'm not going to start buying untested liquids, mixed in a bucket in some basement in China or use my vape trying to get high :) (no offence to anyone).

My brother (another brother!) urged me to start vaping. He was also a smoker, but started puffing maybe 3-4 years ago and quit fags completely. He said that it's amazing, and he feels A LOT better for it. Now I definitely prefer to believe my own brother than some scaremongering folk from US. It's just that he lives far away from me, is a more advanced DTL vaper and it's not possible for me to talk to him that often, so I thought I'd come here :).

Back
Top Bottom