What's new

Quit smoking, started vaping, feeling like crap, help me, please!

ShadowOnASun

Hello, all! I'm in desperate need for some advice.

Right, so I smoked for almost 20 years and been on 15-20 ciggs a day. Finally, decided to quit smoking and start vaping (health/wallet benefits), so two weeks ago I've started vaping.

It was amazing at first. I loved it from the first pull, was amazed and felt lucky that I didn't have any cravings for a cig AT ALL. Started with 18mg nic, but felt that it's a bit too strong, so reduced it to 12mg and that was fine. For a first few days, at least..

Now for more than a week I feel, frankly, absolutely shitty. I have dull weird headaches, I'm extremely tired and lazy, a bit dizzy, can't concentrate. Like now, I must be working (work for myself from home), but I just can't force myself.

Also I feel heavy and very bloated. I generally don't eat much, started eating even less since started vaping. Just don't have the appetite and no cravings for sweets, etc, so it can't be weight gain from food.

I'm not anxious/depressed or anything, but feeling very discouraged now. I actually love vaping and want this to work, but this 'feeling like shit' thing is difficult. I can be patient and wait for it to stop, but I would like to know how long it's going to last, approx?

Now I know my symptoms are a lot like those associated with nicotine withdrawal. BUT I do get nicotine from vaping? So how could this be?

Please please please someone, be kind and share your experiences with me, has anyone had similar? Will it get better? And (I know it's a stupid question, but still) - WHEN?

For the reference: I'm a MTL vaper, using Apollo OHM GO Vaping Kit (it's very good, I like it, no problems so far), also bought a tesla punk 85w with nautilus 2S, but this hasn't arrived yet. I like sweet/dessert liquids, got them from Rejuiced and Vape Wild, 12mg nic, some 50/50 VG/PG, some 70/30.

Thanks for your help And please excuse the poor grammar/mistakes, English is not my first language.

Headache and dizziness can be caused by nicotine overload through chain vaping and/or too high a nicotine strength eliquid.
As for all your other symptoms, I haven't a clue but if they don't clear up in a few days, I would advise a visit to the GP.
Edit: Allergy to PG or VG could be another possibility.

Hi mate,
You say the symptoms you are having can be associated to nicotine withdrawal, but they are in fact classic symptoms of nicotine overload,
try cutting down to an even lower nic juice, or try not to vape quite so much.
Vaping can also cause dehydration, so drink plenty of water.

As stated above, try to vape less and with lower nic. It's way too easy to overload when you start vaping. You wouldn’t smoke 3 cigarettes on the trot because your tongue would feel like there was a bonfire on it, vaping lovely flavours doesn't have this effect so it's pretty easy to overdo it, leading to nicotine overload. Cut down and push through it.
However, I'm not a doctor and if your symptoms persist, I would advise talking to your GP about it.

Thanks for the replies, guys, appreciate it!

Hmm. I've thought about nicotine poisoning and read the symptoms. It DOES sound similar, I admit. However, it doesn't seam likely to me. I may be wrong, of course. As per above, I've smoked almost 20 years 15-20ciggs a day, so I consider myself to be a pretty heavy smoker.

Now: I don't chain vape. I have a few (4-5) pulls and leave it for some time (depends, could be 20mins-1hour). 10ml of 12mg liquid lasts me 3 days, I think that's quite little?

But I'll try to switch to 6mg, maybe that would help. I was convinced my symptoms are quite regular when quitting smoking, as there's lots of additional crap in ciggs (tar, etc). And I thought there may be other people trying to quit smoking who experienced the same/similar.

Anyway, thanks for the replies! :)

6mg will probably be too low, try in between ( 9 mg ). We are all different Personally I think you started too high.

Hi and welcome to the planet.
As said, it sounds like nic of but then 12mg with a few puffs here and there at low wattage shouldn't do this.
Detoxing all the shite out can take a good couple of weeks and quite a lot feel worse before they feel better. That should pass.
The hard bit is finding out what is causing it. Goi f down to 6mg is a good start but keep the 12 and 18mg just in case you need them.
I don't know the kit you are using but what we do find is quite a lot are using subohm tanks instead of mouth to lung and are taking in too much nic. Usually stop for an hour and it should clear.
If it doesn't then it could be a tollerence to VG or Pg. That will be the next thi g to look into.
Good luck and hope it gets sorted soon.

Even though you are still getting nicotine, don't forget you are still going through the withdrawal of all the other nasties in cigarettes which you are not replacing.
It sounds very similar to how I felt when I gave up TBH and that lasted around 2 months.

A quick google - " Perfect for higher VG liquids, the 0.5 ohm coil comes pre-installed for your convenience, while the extra 1.0 ohm coil is ideal for higher PG or 50/50 e-liquids."

Did you fit the 1.0 ohm coil ?

Back
Top Bottom