What's new

Quitting smoking through vaping - Exeter university paid study

I had a chat with her tonight. It takes about half an hour. It is recorded.

She is worth your time if you can spare it... she is really nice, vapes herself, was well organised, well informed and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. (First time for everything!)

Last edited:
Yup, as @MHL said, painless. I suspect she's looking into the psychological side of vaping, how it compared to smoking and how you cope with the transition, I must talk a load of shite though, cos before we knew it, we'd been on the call over an hour. Interesting, thought-provoking questions and I enjoyed the experience.

Dont fancy the zoom or phone thing but I`d happily write up my experience.
Thanks for reading my post! Thanks so much for the offer of writing - ideally, I'd like to talk to you... please don't hesitate to get in contact if you think there's a way we could make it work :)

I had a chat with her tonight. It takes about half an hour. It is recorded.

She is worth your time if you can spare it... she is really nice, vapes herself, was well organised, well informed and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. (First time for everything!)
Thank you so much - pleasure to talk to you! :)

Yup, as @MHL said, painless. I suspect she's looking into the psychological side of vaping, how it compared to smoking and how you cope with the transition, I must talk a load of shite though, cos before we knew it, we'd been on the call over an hour. Interesting, thought-provoking questions and I enjoyed the experience.
It was a pleasure to talk to you :)

I assume all the calls and zoom will be recorded?
Hi there, yes, it is recorded, but any identifying info will be removed so it will be completely anonymous. Happy to talk on the phone if zoom is not your thing. But very keen to talk to people about their experiences, so any time you can spare would be greatly appreciated!

HAVE YOU QUIT SMOKING THROUGH VAPING? IF SO, I'D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU... AND I'LL PAY YOU FOR YOUR TIME!
If you've quit cigarettes by taking up vaping, I'd love to talk to you! I'm a PhD student at the University of Exeter, UK, and I'm interested in finding out how people who quit smoking through vaping experience this important switch. There's not a lot of academic research out there about this, and I'd really like get your views/experiences heard! Interviews will take place over the phone or via Zoom at your convenience and will take about 45 minutes - I'll send you £10 Amazon voucher to say thanks for your time. The study has been approved by the Exeter University's Ethics Committee, and you can rest assured that your identity and anything you say will remain completely anonymous. Please get in contact by emailing me at [email protected] and I can send you some more details. Thanks so much for reading this post :)
Done

Had a chat with Gina on the phone earlier and I found it very interesting and thought provoking.
Well worth doing imho :) :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom