What's new

RDA and Mech Mod Intro

If you've been doing the same flavour without a break, maybe a 2nd RDA with a different one would help.

Ok so what do I need to look out for in terms of changing the coils?
Coils should last you a while, only need changing if you wanna change the resistance of your build....
They will need dry burning when you change the cotton tho, to remove any crap that has built up on them, best not to dry burn them on a mech tho, can easily melt a leg on the coils, if you have a regulated mod, put your rda on that to dry build them, and do it at low-ish wattage, then wash out your rda, dry it, and put in new cotton and your ready to go again...

If it's the only RDA you use, you can expect to have to change the cotton regularly, and how regularly depends on your juice - how much it gunks up the cotton and coil.

Remove the old cotton and dry burn the coils to burn off any gunk (only gently glow the coils), as said above. I sometimes use a small soft brush to help get the gunk off (after the coils have cooler enough!) but usually just a rinse under the tap will do (always remove the RDA from the mod before rinsing).

The comment about a 2nd RDA was because if you just vape the one flavour, sometimes it can seem like the flavour is dropping off when in fact it isn't - your tongue can get used to a flavour such that you have increasing trouble tasting it. This is known as "Vapers Tongue".

A way to avoid Vapers tongue is to swap between flavours rather than always vaping the same thing, and this is easier if you have more than 1 setup.

Yup, that's what I meant, sorry, work got in the way of a response :S

What are people’s routine for dripping liquid? Just a few drops through the drip tip? Or take the casing off and cover the coils and cotton in juice??

I just bleh it through the drip tip, canny be arsed painting coils.

I just bleh it through the drip tip, canny be arsed painting coils.
I'm the opposite, cap off and paint the coils/fill the juice well as much as I dare! But my two main dripping attys are both under coil airflow and not conducive to bleh-ing.

Back
Top Bottom