What's new

RDA and Mech Mod Intro

You’re more of an expert than me :18: What the hell’s gnarled and burrs?? Spring seems fine. There’s no grease or lubricant or anything though so didn’t know if people could recommend something
Is it the knob bit sticking a bit in the hole or have I misread?
If it is, swab it off with a clean clout and as a temporary measure rub an ye olde pencil (2B is good enuff!) on the knob section. You will want to get a good metal polish at some point.
If I have misread, ignore and laugh at the old yin that hates phone internetting .

You’re more of an expert than me :18: What the hell’s gnarled and burrs?? Spring seems fine. There’s no grease or lubricant or anything though so didn’t know if people could recommend something
Sharp edges.
Ive got three mechs but tbh havnt used them that much yet but its a metal spring on metal moving on metal so I'd unless corrected by the mech folks just very lightly wipe the moving parts ie the spring and button spindle part with grease.

Surprised the authentic has the same crunchy button issues to be fair, but a wee 50gm pot of that on ebay is cheap and sorts it right out. I smeared it round the pin, spring and the housing. Just wipe it off the fire button where it contacts the battery.

How do squonkers work? Am I right in thinking the liquid sits in a squeezable component and when your cotton is getting dry you just squeeze up some liquid in to the juice well?

Glossing over the thought that I find it a generally messy affair, that's it in a nutshell.

@ChrisMcrUK Enjoy this review of the Vindicator, if you watch closely you can see him painting dielectric on the button with a cotton bud at 11:40. A lot of it you can just skim over as he kinda drags on a bit.

Anyone got any ideas why this might not be firing?

89E5224E-D866-4521-9824-C6D1D1F8D54D.jpeg

I’ve wrapped some coils that should be coming in at about 0.2ohms but it’s reading 0.35 and when I try and pulse them it’s just not firing. Changed the battery on the multimeter but it’s still doing it. Any ideas? Could the RDA itself be faulty??

Back
Top Bottom