What's new

How To Rebuild your Vivi Nova coil and wick

Building coils is down to personal preference I guess. The more wick that gets heated the more vaper/ flavour you will get. But the more flavour you get also means that you will use more juice so again its all down to personal preference and finding a balance that your happy with

I missed this post yesterday Great pictures Sean (@ado28 ) and good tip with the foil

I missed this post yesterday Great pictures Sean (@ado28 ) and good tip with the foil

Cheers Vaper Train. It works well for me so I don't see why it wouldn't work for anyone else. I could never make a decent coil using a paperclip lol

A voltage meter would make sense doh!! I'm just not to technically minded.

So what would affect the ohms when building your own coils? the amount of coils or the total length, I guess they are the same thing at the end of the day as the more coils the longer the lenght.

You are correct, same thing :)
A meter allows you to measure the lenght before you actually wind the coil up. So, more useful that a mod with ohm check, in that respect.
If you mark on a pièce of paper which lenght correspond to a certain resistance, for each wire you use, you can do without any meter after the first time :)

Well Sean, I can now blame you for potentially starting me off with rebuildables... Due to your great 'how to', I've just placed a wick and wire order with StealthVape! Will try and stick to rebuilding Vivis and other bits I've already got though......!!
Thanks ado28.... or not, as the case may be! :doh:

Cheers Woowoo rebuilding your wicks and coils can be therapeutic as well as cost effective. I have a couple of wicks/ coils all built up that are ready to slip in to the head of a Vivi Nova as well as ready built heads

Well I have decided to give this a go, I have a new nova on its way to me so thought I would practice with my mini nova, Now if it goes wrong somewhere what is the worst that could happen? could I blow a battery?

Could some kind soul link to what wire and wick is best for me to buy please.

many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom