What's new

Rebuildable questions from a beginner

Have been toying with the idea of gettng an MTL RTA, and have been reading threads like this with interest. Thanks for posting that review @LordOdin , I have now deleted a Neeko from my 'possible list'. Doesn't sound like the best starter RTA.

It's just a matter of trying and practice makes perfect, the Neeko is one of the easier RTA's i think.

Thank you for that. The hardest part I've found so far is judging how much cotton to use. The 2.5mm coil seems really small to thread through. My coil is sitting about 1.5 mm above the 1.2mm air hole, so maybe it's a bit low.

Maybe give BP Mods cotton a try as it's available in 2.5 and 3mm sizes so you just pull some out of the tin and cut for length.

Have been toying with the idea of gettng an MTL RTA, and have been reading threads like this with interest. Thanks for posting that review @LordOdin , I have now deleted a Neeko from my 'possible list'. Doesn't sound like the best starter RTA.

I don't have the Neeko but lots on here rate it highly. As you have to remove the build to change the airflow iand there are so many airflow variations it's probably not the easiest rta for a beginner.

Maybe give BP Mods cotton a try as it's available in 2.5 and 3mm sizes so you just pull some out of the tin and cut for length.

Thanks, I was wondering how much of a role the cotton has in flavour. I've tried a low coil to a high coil and I'm definitely lacking sweetness. The airflow is great and it's wicking well enough to do a tank full with great vapour production. But I'm not getting the great hit of flavour I was expecting.

Thanks, I was wondering how much of a role the cotton has in flavour. I've tried a low coil to a high coil and I'm definitely lacking sweetness. The airflow is great and it's wicking well enough to do a tank full with great vapour production. But I'm not getting the great hit of flavour I was expecting.

Flavour is generally down to coil height, it's down to trial and error, I have my Neeko in use now and the flavour just pops, maybe raise your temp a watt or 2, a few things can affect flavour. Just keep trying, we have all been there and it's nothing new, what's your wattage atm ?

Flavour is generally down to coil height, it's down to trial and error, I have my Neeko in use now and the flavour just pops, maybe raise your temp a watt or 2, a few things can affect flavour. Just keep trying, we have all been there and it's nothing new, what's your wattage atm ?

Yeah I keep trying to remember I've not been building 24 hours yet. I've tried everything from 10 to 20 Watts. More flavour with more power but it does get warm. My very first drags were flavoury but it was gurgling and spitting. I fixed that but now it's muted. Might try another with less cotton.

Yeah I keep trying to remember I've not been building 24 hours yet. I've tried everything from 10 to 20 Watts. More flavour with more power but it does get warm. My very first drags were flavoury but it was gurgling and spitting. I fixed that but now it's muted. Might try another with less cotton.

You will get there, i remember my first build and that was Mesh so at least your not learning with that. Only recently started vaping MTL and some RTA's i have never built before, every rebuildable you have to learn because they are all different, like i said some are easy and some a right pita.

Back
Top Bottom